Porcupine Tree Tour

egdivle

New Metal Member
Jan 17, 2005
Hi Opeth fans!

Just to let you know of the upcoming Porcupine Tree tour.
Their new album, 'Deadwing' will be released on March 21st and judging by the clips found at www.deadwing.com it promises to be the most brilliant PT album yet. Perhaps heavier than In Absentia, deadwing's music will be no doubt be varied and original.

PT will tour Europe first and then move on to America.
Here are the tour dates announced so far (more to follow):

Mar 31 2005 UK, Nottingham: Rescue Rooms (special warm up show)

Apr 01 2005 UK, Wolverhampton: Wulfrun
Apr 02 2005 UK, London: Astoria
Apr 03 2005 UK, Bristol: Bierkeller
Apr 05 2005 UK, Cambridge: Junction
Apr 06 2005 UK, Manchester: MDH
Apr 08 2005 UK, Glasgow: Garage
Apr 10 2005 HOLLAND, Amsterdam, : Paradiso
Apr 11 2005 HOLLAND, Tilburg: 013
Apr 12 2005 GERMANY, Cologne: Live Music Hall
Apr 13 2005 GERMANY, Berlin: Columbia Club
Apr 17 2005 GERMANY, Hamburg: Markthalle
Apr 18 2005 GERMANY, Bochum: Matrix
Apr 19 2005 GERMANY, Frankfurt: Batschkapp
Apr 20 2005 GERMANY, Karlsruhe: Festhalle Durlach
Apr 21 2005 GERMANY, Munich: Elser Zusatzhalle
Apr 22 2005 SWITZERLAND, Pratteln: Z7

Mr Samsara said:
Suh-weeeEEEEET!!! :headbang:

What else is there to say?

That there are two more gigs listed for the Euro tour:
Apr 14 2005 POLAND, Bydgoszcz: Philharmonic Hall
Apr 15 2005 POLAND, Krakow: Wisla Hall

deliverance said:
i had only heard a few songs on In Absentia when i saw PT open for Opeth, so i wasn't too into the show. i enjoy PT quite a bit, but i don't think i'm going to attend an '05 show.

I only heard of Opeth just after they came here to the U.S. on the BWP tour w/ PT and since then I have gotten very much into both bands. It seems too much to hope for and I haven't read the Opeth World tour 2005 thread yet, but I would love to see them share a stage again. :)

:devil:

I'm still pissed at myself for not talking to SW a couple hours after the show in Hollywood. Looked approachable. But I had some broads with me who wouldn't have been interested at all in the conversation (in fact they spent the whole show getting drunk in the Foundation Room).

I did at one point. I gave them a chance recently and In Absentia grew on me. Hope the new album does too. Steve Wilson's persona (or what I've seen of it) still shits me up and all over the wall though.

I've heard In Absentia. It's okay. I don't go out of my way to listen to it.

Anything I've heard from the other albums didn't really do anything for me.

I'm baffled how anyone could think that Steven Wilson is a better songwriter than Mr. Åkerfeldt. Besides, the music between the two bands is pretty uncomparable, other than each band is tough to classify as one genre of music...It's like saying "Face it guys, John Lennon is a much better songwriter than Ihsahn."

Protected Witness said:
It's like saying "Face it guys, John Lennon is a much better songwriter than Ihsahn."

well...he is.

i dont think thats an accurate comparison. Its like comparing dio to ozzy. some prefer one to the other...but both are quite talented and have different styles.