Porcupine Tree Tour

@snow2fall: No, I just wanted to counter your pleasant anticipation with senseless negativity. The venue (and the band) could indeed be better though, but Hamburg doesn't have that many decent clubs for that kind of music.

Market hall? Among headbanging melons throwing rotten kohlrabbbies at stagediving fishmongers, well...

Here is what Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth said about SW's involvement:

"SW is not part of the band, he's co-produced 3 Opeth albums. Literally he's been in the studio for a total of maybe 5 weeks for the last 3 albums. You are forgetting about the other 3+ months of recording and producing we've done when he's not around. Quite simple, don't be so quick to jump to conclusions when you've literally seen a few DVD minutes of a loooong process.

A producer who doesn't help, come up with ideas is NOT a producer. It's never been the case where we've relied on him to WRITE us a record. He has ideas on top of the basic arrangement, and that's that.

I would never be run over by ANYONE, SW or anyone else. I want the outcome to be as good as possible and will appreciate all the help I can get. It's quite irritating that some of you seem to think he's bossing us around when that's not the case at all. You're blaming HIM for not liking our stuff....please, blame us, me! I take the desicions with what's done with the stuff I've written.

Just setting the record straight.

Ease down the road + happy new year!
Mike"

Cerulean said:
I don't hate them or their music but I hate the way Steve Wilson manipulated Opeth and tries to make them sound like Porcupine Tree II
But isn't it up to Opeth what music they make? They surely wouldn't be forced what to do by some long haired posh London geezer? :p

I don't know about it really, so maybe you're right, did you hear early porcupine tree? theres some interesting stuff here and there, mostly their albums aren't perfect, like anathema's, but there are like a run of great songs here and there that are awesome