A cheap question...

Rose Immortal said:
That seems more like their decision than mine if they want to disclose that...in my opinion, anyway.

good point. why should they tell us how much they make? or even what their day jobs are? if they had day jobs they'd probably turn out to be something expected anyway. it's not like Mendez is a trapeze artist with Cirque du Soleil or something.

Risquit said:
All right, Mr. Niel, I will get a life. Later you cool dude.
me too. i hope mr niel could tell us where to get one though. i cant even figure that part out.

everyone else: what the hell? all we asked was: whats the financial situation of a smallish signed and touring band? we didnt say: hey, mike, how much money do you make? because i bet i make more! ahahahahahaha!! fucking loser!
where did all this crap about teenagers come from?

deliverance said:
now that this thread was started, it came to me that Stevie must've gotten a cut every time opeth played Death Whispered a Lullaby

yeah, i quoted myself..since no one answered. i don't care HOW much money, or blah blah, i was just curious if he gets money at all, since he wrote the lyrics for DWaL. i don't see why not, since people like david lee roth is getting paid big bucks, even though he's not on tour with van halen.

well, manners aside, it would be interesting to know how much the non-mega-stars of the music world actually make. but i guess i wouldn't ask unless i were a close friend.
i would guess that at this point, they don't have to sell hot dogs on the side. but that doesn't mean they live like kings either. i guess i would just be happy to know that they actually can live nicely off of what they make doing what they love. which is what i wish for everyone, inlcuding myself.

oh, and i would imagine that their "day jobs" might be what the successful musicians i have known have done--e.g. things like producing other people's albums, misc. recording studio jobs, writing music with/for other people, teaching music, etc.

morans2.jpg