2006 OPETH POLL - ÅKERFELDT FINAL FOUR

One vote left but there is already a result. :bah:
Winners are The Moor and Ghost Of Perdition. :yuk:
Compared with the other "Top 8" songs they are...not good. The final should be When/To Bid You Farewell vs. Demon/Harlequin Forest.

To Bid you Farewell should have been in the final, but the moor is better than demon of the fall, when and harlequin forest

Bleak vs The Moor = The Moor

Ghost of Perdition vs Deliverance = Ghost of Perdition

Have to say I'm disappointed with Deliverance and GOP making it here.

Ghost of Perdition is my favorite song, period.

To me, this song along with The Drapery Falls, each encompasses in 10 minutes everything that is Opeth. Sweeping changes of style and sound, clean and growling vocals. I consider these two song masterpieces of music. So its nice to see GoP on top (almost).

Why is there so much ill feeling towards Deliverance? Out of the remaining four, it is at LEAST the second best song. Probably the best. If The Moor wins this... I lose faith in humanity. Extreme, maybe... but justified.

*EDIT* Oh joy, the final is between The Moor and Ghost Of Perdition.

They're obviously the 2 best Opeth songs...... :erk:

Actually, thinking about it... who am I to question everybody elses opinion? The majority have spoken, and I'm sure there are lots of people who will be very happy with the final two songs :)

Great poll Wwallinga, well executed bit of fun! :)

MetalManCPA said:
Ghost of Perdition is my favorite song, period.

To me, this song along with The Drapery Falls, each encompasses in 10 minutes everything that is Opeth. Sweeping changes of style and sound, clean and growling vocals. I consider these two song masterpieces of music. So its nice to see GoP on top (almost).
Dude, you are so right on!

Bleak vs The Moor - The Moor

Ghost of Perdition vs Deliverance - Ghost of Perdition

btw, did "to bid you farewell" was in the poll?