2007 - albums to look forward to

wankerness said:
New Enslaved and Opeth would be cool, but are either of them at all likely to actually do so?
well, with Opeth's touring coming to an end within the next few months, that'll be when the writing of the new album starts taking place... and unless the whole Akerfeldt/Portnoy/Wilson thing takes off, I could easily see a new Opeth album released within the last quarter of the year. does that sound about right or am i off on this?

also, about Enslaved, they had releases in...
1997 and 1998
skip 1999
2000 and 2001
skip 2002
2003 and 2004
skip 2005
2006 and so hopefully 2007 :D

My Hopes for 2007 :

Porcupine Tree
Opeth : Album & DVD
Dimmu Borgir
Dream Theater
Symphony X
Megadeth
Metallica for a lot of reasons ( can they shit at least one decent song before dying miserably ... just kidding ... maybe)
Dark Tranquility ( their 2 latest albums are excellent)
Nevermore DVD
2nd Blackfield
Nile

How could I forgot Rush ?

House of Seance said:
Radiohead
Opeth (likely)
Madder Mortem
Sigh
Enslaved (according to their release "pattern", we shall hope)
The Mars Volta (believe it or not)
Portishead (likely)
Arctic Monkeys (whether most of you care or not)
Dødheimsgard

a lot of big names in that list. what other rather notable goodies do we have heading our way next year?

you pretty much covered most of it. just add radiohead, porcupine tree and vital remains

opeth8 said:
!!! Type O Negative !!!

I have faith that there will be new Opeth in late 07'

Oh, I didn't know they were recording, though I guess it's been a few years so it makes sense. I really didn't like their last album, I hope they go back to the sound they had on the previous three...October Rust is one of my favorite albums ever.

Radiohead played a number of the upcoming songs on their last tour....if you can get your hands on a version of "15 Step" you'll be pleased.

Hip hop's almost nonexistent around here, eh? MF Doom has 3 or 4 albums lined up, including the massively-awaited Madvillain 2.

Yeah, he does stuff with the adult swim thing. Endlessly entertaining rapper, always coming from a new angle and sound......

gettin paid like a biker with the best crank
sprayin like a high rank sniper in the west bank

Sigh-Hangmans Hym
Thorns
King Diamond
Megadeth-United Abominations
Wintersun-Time
Equilibrium
Dimmu Borgir
Judas Priest
Therion
Symphony X-Paradise lost