Poland to Ban 'Satanic' Bands... Including Behemoth

Helloween: objectionable album art (Keeper of the Seven Keys, Part 2)

:confused:

Madman Marilyn Manson is just as guilty of the Columbine High School Massacre as the two maniacs who pulled the triggers. Eric Harris, and Dylan Klebold, were both devotees of Marilyn Manson, and ran down the halls screaming "Marilyn Manson rules!" while they were shooting their classmates.

Is this actually true?

I don't know if they were fans of MM, they might of been. But i definetly never heard anything about them yelling such things down the hall as they were killing people.

At the time the movie Basketball Diaries was also blamed because of a scene in the movie that is similar to the killings. But you don't see this site refer to that movie. Easier to blame music then movies for such groups.

Just so ya know conervatives fight for less governemt,therefore less stupid banns like this. Remember in the 80s when Tipper Gore (liberal) tried to ban heavy metal and had that court hearing with
DEE Snider (twisted sister)? Luckily for metalheads everywhere he was clean at the time and completely made a fool out of Tipper.

I might be old & my memory might be wrong but I don't think Tipper was trying to ban Heavy Metal. She knew that would be impossible. What she and the PMRC wanted was a rating system for music along the lines of the movie industry (x, R, PG-13 etc.). What they got instead was the stickers you see on albums warning parents that so and so album has "explicit lyrics" etc. Which you still see today on some albums especially on rap albums.

That site was clearly made by a bunch of hypocrites. They do all this blaming on bad music, bad messages and so on, and yet below a picture of the virginia tech shooter, they call him chink-eyes.

I might be old & my memory might be wrong but I don't think Tipper was trying to ban Heavy Metal. She knew that would be impossible. What she and the PMRC wanted was a rating system for music along the lines of the movie industry (x, R, PG-13 etc.). What they got instead was the stickers you see on albums warning parents that so and so album has "explicit lyrics" etc. Which you still see today on some albums especially on rap albums.

yeah thats right, but thats pretty much banning it for minors. i was just trying to exagerate to make it seem worse.:loco:

yeah thats right, but thats pretty much banning it for minors. i was just trying to exagerate to make it seem worse.:loco:

:lol: oh ok.. i do remember they actually arrested or fined store employees and owners whenever they sold a album to a kid with that sticker on a album... I haven't heard of that in any recent years but years ago they did...

I heard that Nergal is gay (not making a joke).

Who cares? it's not a plague.

It's not like being gay automaticly renders you a rapist or a pedophile. It's not like it makes your blood acidic and turns you into a demon.(despite chuch propaganda)

So if he isn't gay.... who cares. If he is gay? who gives a rats ass???

And they can't ban satanic bands from apearing and performing locally. It'll happen. People in the USSR still tried to take down the government. When a man is pushed he'll:
a. Fight back right away
b. Fight back under secrecy
c. Only take so much then WAM! Explosive violent reaction.

Well, the european lifestyle is more open about such things so it wouldn't suprise me if a number of good bands had gay members in them, you'd think there had to be at least some. But I agree about it being worthy of a laugh seeing all those homophobes turn away from a band for something as insignificant as sexual preference.

I think Priest appeals to a vastly different audience than Behemoth.

True.. but all metal has always been macho & homophobe in the early days... but with Rob's coming out.. it's been more accepting throughout i think.. live and let live.. and who cares attitude.. I personally don't care... as long as a band comes out with good music...

I could see the U.S. catching on to this, only our government wouldn't ban these bands, no no, instead they would create a new TAX and the bands would have to pay for being "evil". That's our solution, tax it.
Wonder if DECAPITATED will be on the list? They are not at all "satanic" but I bet the Polish government will ban about 90% of the Death Metal bands. I hope the metalheads over there retaliate and set the whole fucking country on fire. Bastards. I hate governments.

I could see the U.S. catching on to this, only our government wouldn't ban these bands, no no, instead they would create a new TAX and the bands would have to pay for being "evil". That's our solution, tax it.
Wonder if DECAPITATED will be on the list? They are not at all "satanic" but I bet the Polish government will ban about 90% of the Death Metal bands. I hope the metalheads over there retaliate and set the whole fucking country on fire. Bastards. I hate governments.

Yah.. were the land of Taxes that is for sure.. and we revolted against England in the 1770's because of excessive taxes from them among other things lol kind of ironic i think... anyways as for this banning in Poland... it's nothing new... Germany has similar bannings and perhaps other countries in Europe... it won't kill the scene regardless and thats the most important thing.. when you ban something.. it just makes people want to explore it more or have it more... ala Prohibition of alcohol and drugs in the U.S. ...