2007 - albums to look forward to

King Crimson--last one was 2003. I haven't read anything about a new project by them or Robert Fripp. New albums also by Porcupine Tree and Blackfield.

Dark Tranquillity
Dimmu Borgir
Dodheimsgard
Mayhem

I'm sure a lot of my favorite bands will release more albums than that next year, but I'm not yet informed to be sure.

House of Seance said:
well, with Opeth's touring coming to an end within the next few months, that'll be when the writing of the new album starts taking place... and unless the whole Akerfeldt/Portnoy/Wilson thing takes off, I could easily see a new Opeth album released within the last quarter of the year. does that sound about right or am i off on this?

also, about Enslaved, they had releases in...
1997 and 1998
skip 1999
2000 and 2001
skip 2002
2003 and 2004
skip 2005
2006 and so hopefully 2007 :D

Well SW says on his myspace site that the project will happen when they all have time for it. it could be years before this happens...

Korlich said:
Well SW says on his myspace site that the project will happen when they all have time for it. it could be years before this happens...
fine with me. since i'm more interested in hearing new Opeth and Porcupine Tree than that project personally

wow, more madvillain? i'm looking forward to that.

above all, i'm happy about new anekdoten expected in the first half of 2007.

Confirmed; Iced Earth, Symphony X, Judas Priest, Therion, Shadows Fall, Beyond The Embrace, Biomechanical, Wintersun, Machine Head, Metallica, Megadeth, Chimaira, Dream Theater

& hopefully; Opeth, Anthrax, In Flames, Nevermore, Arch Enemy, Children Of Bodom, Hypocrisy, Darkane, Meshuggah, Kreator, Testament & anything from Devin Townsend.

Could be an expensive year!

I'm hoping for Morbid Angel, Dream Theater (flame away), Symphony X, Meshuggah, Testament, Opeth, and Megadeth.

(basically most of what the person above me just posted.)

The rest I'll just wait for until they come out, but I'm anticipating these.