2007 - US Tour

Coming Home

New Metal Member
Sep 11, 2006
Hi All,

Cheers from the US! I recently got turned onto to SAXON and am a huge fan. :worship:

Heard a rumor that they might be opening for Judas Priest in the states this year? Has anyone else heard that? I really can't imagine a band I'd want to see more this summer than Biff, Paul and the Boys.

Gotta say, I love the classics like "Strong Arm of the Law" and "Dallas 1PM" but I'm really digging "Lionheart." It's such a strong album all the way through. I'm continually knocked out by Doug and Paul. I think they've discovered and perfected one of the coolest guitar tones ever for metal music. The live stuff from Wacken on the box DVD set sounds so great, and is so much fun to watch.

Biff and the fuckin' Eagle! He cracks me up every time! :headbang:

Hi Coming Home,

Fellow US resident here. I haven't heard anything about Saxon coming to the US soon, but I wish it were true. If they toured with Priest I think it would give them the exposure they need here in the states. I think it's a total shame that they are not bigger here. I just don't get it.

Good to see another Yankee on the boards here though! :)

Hey Unleashed Beast! Nice to be here!

Yeah, this is a complete rumor that I heard from someone, I don't know where he got it, but we're all hoping!

Last time Priest was through Phoenix, Greg Emerson opened for them. Boy, would SAXON be an improvement over that!

Hey, maybe you guys will like this. Here's a track I recorded after listening to SAXON all day.
http://media.putfile.com/BlueBlood

Saxon and Priest? If that happens, I'll literally be moved to tears. I'm still a bit salty from their last attempt to come to Cleveland falling short due to the visa problems, but a Saxon / Priest tour would more than make up for it. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it happens!

considering Saxon has 50 dates scheduled as of today to play throughout Europe, it would seem unlikely they will come to the US when they are done with those dates. Surely they will be adding more dates to those 50 in Europe. The 50 dates are just confirmed dates as of now. They also have dates scheduled for Wacken Open Air in August(2nd., 3rd. and 4th.) and their current tour ends in May. It leaves June and July open but does anyone think they would actually come here to the States to play in pubs to maybe 100 people while all these festivals are going on in Europe where some 40,000 people are? Then again, they may come here to do the small shows while on their vacations. Just to keep fresh and make a few hundred fans happy. I don`t see them touring with Judas Priest at all over here. I know Saxon is tough and hard working but touring w/JP and all these dates they`re doing now may kill them. :lol: Saxon has already gotten their exposure here in the US. It was a long time ago. We are the only ones who like and follow Saxon here in the USA. And we aren`t too many. Saxon is way too talented to get a lot of kids here in the US into them. Saxon isn`t angry enough and they don`t do nursery rhymes and wear their pants half down their ass. :Smug:

It would be nice if they did come over here. I don`t even want them to tour with Priest. I`d rather have them headline and do some 2 1/2 hour shows instead of 40 minutes opening for Priest. Maybe if it was the other way around? Priest opening for Saxon. :headbang:

thatd be something. but in reality, that sounds like a bogus rumour. Priest will probably bring a band like slayer last time i saw em. a band that would sell tickets stateside as a 2 big band bill

LMFAO :lol:

Way to go Ray, I hope they do come over and HEADLINE for you mate :)
it`s been awhile since they`ve been here. Last time I saw them was in a bar on Long Island, NY called Mulcahey`s. The place was completely packed wall to wall for a fallen FDNY. There was a benefit going on for the family. Had to be anywhere from 1,000-3,000 people in this bar. Saxon came on stage around 8:30PM and the place had approximately 50 people left. :mad: They all scooted out the door once Saxon hit the stage. Damn friggin shame too because they were awesome. All those smokin hot chicks basically ran out the door along with their fairy boyfriends who`d rather listen to Limp Bisquits. Probably reminds them of their penis. :lol: I don`t think Saxon will be playing the US anytime soon, unless they vacation here and do a few bars just for fun.

Hi All,

Cheers from the US! I recently got turned onto to SAXON and am a huge fan. :worship:

Heard a rumor that they might be opening for Judas Priest in the states this year? Has anyone else heard that? I really can't imagine a band I'd want to see more this summer than Biff, Paul and the Boys.

Gotta say, I love the classics like "Strong Arm of the Law" and "Dallas 1PM" but I'm really digging "Lionheart." It's such a strong album all the way through. I'm continually knocked out by Doug and Paul. I think they've discovered and perfected one of the coolest guitar tones ever for metal music. The live stuff from Wacken on the box DVD set sounds so great, and is so much fun to watch.

Biff and the fuckin' Eagle! He cracks me up every time! :headbang:

Heard the same rumor but it was in 1984