23. Tommy Thompson (withdrawn, endorsed Giuliani) (21%) Information link
24. Sam Brownback (withdrawn, endorsed McCain) (21%) Information link
25. Tom Tancredo (withdrawn, endorsed Romney) (19%) Information link
26. Mike Huckabee (18%) Information link
27. Fred Thompson (15%) Information link
28. Duncan Hunter (11%) Information link
29. Jim Gilmore (withdrawn) (9%) Information link
30. Stephen Colbert (campaign halted) (8%) Information link

I have never really been interested in politics. My parents never really talked about politics that I remember. I just didn't think much about it for most of my life. I have never been very interested in watching the news. Even to this day I probably watch about one full local 30 minutes news cast less than once a week. Over the last few years I have started to be a bit more interested in political issues, but I don't have a background of knowledge or experience in the political system, or in many of the issues. Yeah I have views on some issues, but like for that quiz, I don't have much opinion on a lot of that stuff. I kinda feel dumb and wish I had payed more attention over the years.

McCain is my first choice. I didn't know anything about Huckabees (or even that he was running) until last Sunday when I watched Meet the Press. He and Obama were on it.

Because your elected officials affect your life and your children's futures, etc.

Because as a seemingly good-natured, responsible adult, you probably should?

I'm not calling you a drone or bad guy here, and I didn't know your choices were in "order" (rather than maybe some stream-of-thought way of mentioning them, but I can't infer something like that automatically), but I'm really just wondering if you have legitimate (based in logic, law, and politics) reasons to support (vote) for these candidates.

I don't know of anyone (in my experience) that has kids and doesn;t follow politics. I find that to be moreso (not following politics much) with people more my age

Well I was your age, then I grew up. I was never taught politics by my parents and didn't pay much attention to that class (US Gov) in high school. I was just more focused on my own life and sphere of existence. I have always been a pretty content person, and in my lifetime in the USA, life has pretty much been the same. you work, play, live and die. Your choices affect your life. A person in the US can ignore politics altogether and make it through with a rich life, and can even contribute to the betterment of society and the world in many ways. I am not advocating ignorance, or defending it, but it's true.

Just to defend myself from not caring about my child's future (not that you (Nec) were accusing me of that, I just want to say these things): I think that I have MUCH more influence on my child's life than any politician will ever have. We all have to live within the system we live in, and making wise choices, being a respectful and thoughtful person, taking personal responsibility, and things like this are what will allow my child to function and excel in whatever environment he ends up in. Loving him and being interested in what he is doing and going through will help him with having strength and confidence and to be mentally stable. I believe we are doing well in these things. Imagine how much less important politics would be if all parents raised their children well.

Having said that I do want to be (and have been little by little) more active and knowledgable and make choices that I feel will be positive for this and future generations. I would also like to impart something to my son that will encourage him to pay attention to these things. As I said, I have some regret about not being more informed over the course of my life. I have been voting for years, and my wife is more up on things, so we talk about stuff and make choices (not necessarily the same ones, but most of the time).

I am not as knowledgable as I feel I would like to be about the candidates, but I am not entirely ignorant. I like McCain because of his straight forwardness and his military background. I like that he doesn't say what people want to hear, but rather what he feels is the truth. I think that national security is a huge issue and a high priority. A leader who will keep this nation safe and alive and free is of utmost importance. He is less strong on some moral issues, but that is less important. I think most moral issues are better dealt with in ways other than politics. As an example, abortion wouldn't be such an issue if more people took personal responsibility and were less selfish, but politicians can't change people. I do like that McCain has some Christian values as well.

I know less about Huckabee, but I like that sals tax vs income tax idea. That eliminates all the chumps who are cheating the rest of us by avoiding paying taxes. It seems to tax based on income (cause rich folks buy more and bigger stuff). It allows for tax breaks and incentives for certain reasons like food/diapers for low income, hybrid vehicles for alternate energy sources, etc. We do have our beliefs in common and that is one influence, but I wouldn't vote for a dunce just because he was a Christian. I like how he is saying he will separate his faith from his poilitcs. I know that cannot be entirely separate, because your beliefs affect your decisions. But it should be some separate in this system.