2009!!!

What the fuck, Rage Against the Machine is coming out with another album? Can't they just stay dead?

Looking forward to the next Katatonia. I heard a rumor that Negura Bunget is supposed to be coming out with something new next year, too... ? Anyone know?
It's still slated for this year. We're expecting some concrete news about it fairly soon I would imagine.

I don't reckon we will hear much till a month or so before the release. Not hoping for the next full length, we will surely get another EP or Split. Christ even writing that down is arousing.

Bands from wich I can expect a new album:

Albums already annouced:

- Unexpect
- Augury
- Nekrogoblikon
- Atheist
- Akphaezya
- Ephel Duath
- Diablo Swing Orchestra
- Negativa

Wishes:
- Stolen Babies
- Turisas
- Eluveitie (I heard some rumors :) )
- Samael
- Katzenjammer Kabarett
- Cryptik Howling (I heard other rumors)

What the fuck, Rage Against the Machine is coming out with another album? Can't they just stay dead?

Looking forward to the next Katatonia. I heard a rumor that Negura Bunget is supposed to be coming out with something new next year, too... ? Anyone know?

I heard 2009. Also Fen's first full length is finally coming out after a delay.

Opeth could return to the studio by the end of 09. I remember mike saying that they wont tour as much as they've done with GR. He said that Ghost Reveries was a weird period with all the lineup changes and stuff so that's why they extended their tour and they also overpromoted the album. This time they mike only tour until next summer and then go back to studio to release a new album at the beginning of 2010. That's my opinion.

I also forgot about Katatonia, Rage Against The Machine, Riverside, Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquillity, Orphaned Land,

Unknown Release Date possibly '08:

Anathema - Everything
Indukti - ?

'09:

Orphaned Land - The Neverending Way Of ORwarriOR
Porcupine Tree
Borknagar (ICS Vortex guest vox)
OSI (Mike Akerfeldt guest vox)
Morbid Angel
Isis
Negura Bunget
Katatonia
Ne Obliviscaris... I think I'm looking forward to this album more than any others!!!
Hazards of Swimming Naked
Heaven and Hell
Rage Against the Machine
Novembers Doom
UneXpect
Atheist
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Deathspell Omega - 09 or 10??? No one knows actually, but it'd be awesome.

Oh... and

Tool - I'm betting 2011... ;)

I really really hope these bands release an album next year: Tool, Ulver, Opeth (far fetch), Amorphis, Code (minus Simen Vortex now... ), Borknagar, Daft Punk, Agalloch and Swallow the Sun.

The last 2 years have been really good to us with much anticapated album dropping from Sigur Ros, Radiohead, Metallica, Opeth, Ulver, Potishead and My Morning Jacket!!!!!!!!

Opeth and Swallow the Sun won't. Agalloch might. Borknagar definitely will, it's confirmed. Tool... I doubt it. It's way too soon.

Aren't wolves in the throne room supposed to start writing for a new album this winter? Or is that just my wishful mind fooling me?

edit: Oh yeah, apparently they are hoping to record this winter, so add that to the list.

Okay, I'm admittedly an old geezer. But I'm really looking forward to the new Heaven & Hell album! I remember Dio saying in an interview that they are planning on releasing it sometime in '09. The three new songs on their compilation "The Dio Years" were very strong, IMHO. So if those songs are any indication of the type of material they are writing, this could be a killer album.

Also looking forward to new Porcupine Tree and Katatonia!