2009!!!

I believe Insomnium's also releasing next year. All in all it looks like it's going to be another good year for metal.

^ Yeah I'm looking forward to that too, they've been writing all summer apparently. Should be good!

^ Yeah I'm looking forward to that too, they've been writing all summer apparently. Should be good!

Indeed. They're a very consistent band so I doubt we'll be disappointed, though we've still got another year more or less till it does get released. Oh well.

HAHA:lol:

I'm still working on "OM" from Negura. Haven't had it for very long. I love it, but it's something to absorb.

But...Heaven & Hell!:headbang:

U kiDZ duZZint KaRZ,

But I'm fuckin psyched for some new Dio-Sabbath '09!:headbang:

The
HeaenandHell2-vi.jpg

The EVIL!! Mustacchio!!

Niiiice... I can't wait for the new live DVD, either. One thing I was really blown away by was hearing Steven throw out a heavy hint that he'd be producing Katatonia's next album! Guaranteed diskfull o' golden win there, kids! :headbang:

Also, I'm just getting the Negura Bunget bug, and while I think they're great, they could definitely use some help in the production dept.! SW would do wonders with these guys.

Also looking very forward to a new Agalloch record, King's X live DVD, Heaven & Hell & an epic new RATM release!

Thanks for the news on Negura Bunget, folks. And sorry to those of you who like Rage Against the Machine. They've just always been one of my most hated bands. Never could stand them.

I remembered another big one I'm looking forward to, although I think it's coming this year: Asmegin - 'Arv'. It's about time!

Now, this Fen you speak of. What do they sound like?

HAHA:lol:

I'm still working on "OM" from Negura. Haven't had it for very long. I love it, but it's something to absorb.

But...Heaven & Hell!:headbang:

U kiDZ duZZint KaRZ,

But I'm fuckin psyched for some new Dio-Sabbath '09!:headbang:

The EVIL!! Mustacchio!!

What? New DIO-Sabbath?! Awesome!

But anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to 09, for the sake of WINTERSUN - TIME alone. I've been actively waiting for this album for over a year or so, which is actually pretty ridiculous. The time would feel a lot shorter if I just tried to forget about it, but...

Anyway, I heard a rumor saying that the release date is going to be August 26th, which sounds plausible. They've also confirmed some shows from late May onwards so there you go. Definitely going to be release around mid 09.

Sorry for the long fanboy rant.

^
of course we like mastodon...blood mountain kicked ass

im waiting for the new massive attack...GOD, i've posting the same message for the past few years hahahaha :lol:
their new stuff sounded excellent live...a bit in the vein of post-rock!

Thanks for the news on Negura Bunget, folks. And sorry to those of you who like Rage Against the Machine. They've just always been one of my most hated bands. Never could stand them.

I remembered another big one I'm looking forward to, although I think it's coming this year: Asmegin - 'Arv'. It's about time!

Now, this Fen you speak of. What do they sound like?

Asmegin has a new album coming out? Christ that was a long wait!

A good starting point for Fen might be a hybrid of Agalloch and Negura Bunget. If you can imagine that without cumming.

^ True story. Not sure I like the sound of their new one, the title sounds a bit shit, and I heard the songs they played at bonnaroo..didn't strike me. Fingers crossed though eh?

^ True. The sound was very different from their past albums. Leviathan was a great album! Some great tracks on that one! But Blood Mountain...... I believe there were 1 or 2 songs tops that could be compared to their pass work, IMO.

But yes, fingers are crossed!

Also, I'm just getting the Negura Bunget bug, and while I think they're great, they could definitely use some help in the production dept.! SW would do wonders with these guys.

why would someone want steve wilson putting his influence on an already masterful band? "Om" is one of the best metal records I've ever heard, and the production on it is solid. "Om" is also one of the only records on metal-archives to have a 99% average over multiple reviews. :heh:

why would someone want steve wilson putting his influence on an already masterful band? "Om" is one of the best metal records I've ever heard, and the production on it is solid. "Om" is also one of the only records on metal-archives to have a 99% average over multiple reviews. :heh:

I agree that "Om" is a great record, my criticism has nothing to do with the actual music whatsoever, but c'mon, the production is adequate at best, and the record could've easily been even better with a producer of Steven's caliber at the helm. Why wouldn't you want music that good to be produced by someone worthy of the job?