2009!!!

^

im waiting for the new massive attack...GOD, i've posting the same message for the past few years hahahaha :lol:
their new stuff sounded excellent live...a bit in the vein of post-rock!

Im with you, that album better come out soon!!! the next Massive Attack album is the new Chinese Democracy.

I agree that "Om" is a great record, my criticism has nothing to do with the actual music whatsoever, but c'mon, the production is adequate at best, and the record could've easily been even better with a producer of Steven's caliber at the helm. Why wouldn't you want music that good to be produced by someone worthy of the job?

The production is perfectly fine. I'm not sure what Wilson would even do with this particular record that would be so mindblowing. You can hear everything perfectly clearly - the guitars, both clean and distorted, have a nice tone. The drums are nice (perhaps the kicks could have been a tiny bit higher in the mix). Vocals sound like they're actually mixed in, as opposed to sounding like they were just laid on top of the tracks of music. Bass is loud and clear and has a good tone to it as well. It's not as if it's a "Burzum/Aske"-type thin and high treble production, with an obvious drum machine doing tic-tic blasts.

Not to mention the fact that Wilson would undeniably leave traces of his work on the music of record, no matter what role he would have in the production - something that this particular record would not even need.

lol why is everyone always jumping on SW's cock

Once a hater, always a hater, huh phil? Your irrational bitterness towards the guy is pretty weird, don'tcha think?

So you're saying he's NOT a brilliant producer?! I can think of a very large number of people who would disagree quite strongly with you, Mikael Akerfeldt included. My point wasn't even about SW, it was about Negura Bunget's need for a superior producer of his ilk to bring out the best in them, be it Steven himself or another producer with actual talent.

The SW hater club is really falling asleep at the wheel these days. I wasn't expecting the predictable sneers to take 9 whole days to start popping up! You guys need to tighten up, man! lol

of course negura bunget needs better production but wtf why does everyone automatically think of SW.

learn to read btw, i think SW is a great producer, but his new music blows hard.

Guys, stop beating on dead horses. The best stuff of 2009 will be from bands you barely know if know at all, as it always is. The big names, on the other hand, are nearly all past their primes, since thats the amount of time it takes to get big, so hoping to get epic timeless music from them is bound to result in disappointment.

Guys, stop beating on dead horses. The best stuff of 2009 will be from bands you barely know if know at all, as it always is. The big names, on the other hand, are nearly all past their primes, since thats the amount of time it takes to get big, so hoping to get epic timeless music from them is bound to result in disappointment.

Dso went from the same old shitty Darkthrone-clone black metal to the best black metal albums of 2004/2005/2007. Go figure, bro.

LOL awful statement as if SMRC, then Kenose THEN Fas wasn't enough to show that dso are not only unstopable but are getting better iyam or certainly maintaining that extremely high level.

of course negura bunget needs better production but wtf why does everyone automatically think of SW.

Probably because he's an outstanding and critically acclaimed producer, as talented as anyone else out there, and would've made Om an even more amazing record than it already is!

learn to read btw, i think SW is a great producer, but his new music blows hard.

Sure thing, Skippy, just as soon as you learn to stop contradicting yourself! You first muse how anyone would automatically think of SW as a good choice for a producer, then in the very next sentence go on to say how you think he's a great producer! And this actually makes sense to you?! Fascinating! As for his "new music blowing hard", that's just your own very biased sphincter of opinion opening and closing on yet another noxious blast of mental methane, and while you're certainly entitled to sit in the midst of it huffing its pungent miasma until you're green at the gills, please just don't confuse this cognitive flatulence for fact!

Other than that... great job! :Smokedev:

Stop infecting everyone with your idiotic opinions, i don't mind you thinking his new music sucks, but the only thing you're trying to achieve is to make people pissed, no one cares about what you think. You don't have to post in every single SW thread to get your voice heard. Just quit it, it's fucking pathetic and annoying.

LOL awful statement as if SMRC, then Kenose THEN Fas wasn't enough to show that dso are not only unstopable but are getting better iyam or certainly maintaining that extremely high level.

wow, 1900 posts at the same time, hi-five! *borat*