20th Anniversary Setlist....

snuffcarl

Apr 23, 2007
Anybody with some inside info about what songs they are rehearsing? =)

My top 5 wanted live list on the upcoming tour:
1. Shadow Duett
2. Static
3. Edenspring
4. Bolt of blazing gold
5. Dividing Line

5 songs i can stand not hearing from the Fiction tour
1. Blind at heart
2. Punish my heaven
3. hedon
4, nope, need it =)

Shadow Duet and Edenspring top my wish list as well, and I also agree about Blind at Heart not being that necessary after all. I don't want to get my hopes up too much, though.

I'm not sure if I want to start any rumors, but I talked with a member of the band a while ago (at Qstock) and asked him if they were going to play any surprises from the past in their upcoming tours (like they did with their first Character-tour in the form of Scythe, Rage and Roses and Of Chaos and Eternal Night), he said they were indeed planning to do some and mentioned two songs from your top-5 list by name. Now, bear in mind it might've been just the alcohol talking with his tongue (we were both quite drunk at the moment), and he didn't make any promises, but I'm hoping at least one of those two makes it to their setlist.

He also mentioned a third song he'd like to play live once again. I'm not sure if he wants this tidbit made public, so I'll just give you one small hint that should make it very easy to all old-timers: "Fucking Essen! We are Dark Tranquillity from Gothenburg, Sweden and this is..." :cool:

-Villain

This is still my dream setlist:

1. Zodijackyl Light
2. the Lesser Faith
3. The Emptiness From Which I Fed
4. Static
5. Out of Nothing
6. Inside the Particle Storm
7. Fabric
8. Of Chaos and Eternal Night
9. Lethe (with the bass intro!!)
10. Monochromatic Stains
11. Edenspring
12. Razorfever
13. Nothing to No One
14. Away, Delight, Away
15. White Noise, Black Silence
16. Still Moving Sinews
17. At a Loss for Words
18. the Mundane and the Magic (with a female vocalist)
19. On Your Time

Basically I put all my favorite songs that they have never (or stopped) playing together. Some of these have been performed live but not in the U.S. to my knowledge.

And that World Domination VHS is some awesome vintage stuff. I always got a kick out of Stanne wrapping that cord around his arm 4,234 times as if he growls would scare the mic into making an escape attempt.

This is still my dream setlist:

2. the Lesser Faith
6. Inside the Particle Storm

Basically I put all my favorite songs that they have never (or stopped) playing together. Some of these have been performed live but not in the U.S. to my knowledge.

Umm, I don't have the detailed info of their US setlists, but both The Lesser Faith and Inside the Particle Storm have been very common in their recent setlists. In fact, all three times I've seen them this year they've played both of those. They're certainly not that rare, especially when compared to some other songs on your list (Still Moving Sinews, Static, On Your Time, etc).

-Villain

This is my dream setlist:

1. Day to End, performed as a solo with a pre-recorded backing track
2. Mikael ascends to heaven on gossamer wings

Umm, I don't have the detailed info of their US setlists, but both The Lesser Faith and Inside the Particle Storm have been very common in their recent setlists. In fact, all three times I've seen them this year they've played both of those. They're certainly not that rare, especially when compared to some other songs on your list (Still Moving Sinews, Static, On Your Time, etc).

-Villain

I developed that list before the Fiction tour and its setlist came out. I'd keep The Lesser Faith, and maybe I'd like to hear A Closer End instead of Particle Storm.

So, as im sure most of u have seen, the setlist from the first european dates didnt include anything from Skydancer (or i just simply didnt read the setlist carefully haha)... I recall stanne saying that they will play material from 92 and onwards?? or is that just for the close up tour in sweden? I cant wait to see them perfrom edenspring, but would be a shame if they didnt play anything from skydancer... They also stated (dont remember who) that it was their most underrated album so u would think they took this chance to show people how good it really is

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=107823

01. The Treason Wall
02. The New Build
03. Focus Shift
04. The Lesser Faith
05. Wonders At Your Feet
06. Lost To Apathy
07. Inside The Particle Storm
08. Nothing To No One
09. Edenspring
10. Lethe
11. Dreamlore Degenerate
12. Misery's Crown
13. Therein
14. Yesterworld
15. Punish My Heaven
17. The Mundane And The Magic
18. Final Resistance
19. Terminus (Where Death Is Most Alive)

too stop teh guessing!!!

14. Yesterworld

:OMG: WTF! I mean what the FUCK!!! That's certainly something so unexpected that this must be a typo, or I'm in serious denial. They played a pre-Skydancer song! o_O They haven't done that for well over a decade. I thought the 1992 mentioned previously referred to some early material from Skydancer and I thought that was already quite an unexpected move from the band.

But this, this is something so unreal that I don't know what to say. Except that they better play Yesterworld in Milan also!

-Villain

:OMG: WTF! I mean what the FUCK!!! That's certainly something so unexpected that this must be a typo, or I'm in serious denial. They played a pre-Skydancer song! o_O They haven't done that for well over a decade. I thought the 1992 mentioned previously referred to some early material from Skydancer and I thought that was already quite an unexpected move from the band.

But this, this is something so unreal that I don't know what to say. Except that they better play Yesterworld in Milan also!

-Villain

I had exactly the same reaction o_O . Very interesting set-list, I notice a focus on "old" and "recent" DT. I don't really like it, only one song from The Mind's I and Projector, and no songs from Haven! Booo! Ah well I'm not going to see them, but I hope that is not the same set-list to be played in Milano. Put out some songs from Fiction and add of the previously mentioned albums and it'd a great set-list.

Therein is from projector and Wonders at your feet is from haven. You fail

Anyway i would like some rarely played song from projector like Free card or Dobermaan

He said only one song from Projector (ThereIn), so he fails only on Haven. :heh:

But indeed, some more obscure song from Projector would be great. Nothing wrong with ThereIn live, but it's been experienced quite often. To a Bitter Halt or Nether Novas would be my choice.

Anyways, the setlist looks better the more I think about it (Edenspring!) and I really can't wait for the Friday night - it's going to be awesome! :headbang:

-Villain

mmm the setlist above is really good, but I spected more old songs. anyway, my dream setlist is:
01 - Terminus (Where Death is Most Alive)
02 - The Lesser Faith
- INTERMISSION: BACKWARDS PROJECTION OF COVERS UNTIL TRIAL OF LIFE DECAYED
03 - Midwinter/Beyond Enlightenment
04 - Yesterworld
05 - A Bolt of Blazing Gold
06 - Of Chaos and Eternal Night
07 - The Dividing Line
08 - ...Of Melancholy Burning
09 - Razorfever
10 - Insanity's Crescendo
11 - FreeCard
12 - On Your Time
13 - Fabric
14 - Cathode Ray Sunshine
15 - No One
16 - Out of Nothing
17 - Icipher
18 - The Mundane and the Magic
----------------------------------
19 - Lethe (Full)
20 - Punish My Heaven
21 - Alone

\m/

I took the set from the other day and add some songs:

01. The Treason Wall
02. The New Build
03. Focus Shift
04. The Lesser Faith
-add Free Card
05. Wonders At Your Feet
06. Lost To Apathy
07. Inside The Particle Storm
08. Nothing To No One
-add Hedon
09. Edenspring
10. Lethe
11. Dreamlore Degenerate
12. Misery's Crown
13. Therein
14. Yesterworld
15. Punish My Heaven
17. The Mundane And The Magic
-add My negation
18. Final Resistance
19. Terminus (Where Death Is Most Alive)