Busy day for me yesterday:

Hour 21

We start off with Bluetooth dude telling the president to have the hijacked plane transmit a DBR signal. That's the signal you get if you are a pilot and you push a red button. It means:

"we've been hijacked and the hijacker wants to use the plane in a 911 style
attack, so please send the military to shoot us down. "

The red button is next to a purple button that sends a signal meaning.

"We've been hijacked, but I don't think the hijacker is a terrorist, he just
wants to get away to Mexico or somewhere so please don't shoot us down".

President Logan has some Admiral send the plane from Point Mugu, saying it will take 10 minutes to get there.
Point Mugu is 65 miles northwest of LA, and an F18 tops out around mach 1.8 (over 1200 miles an hour), which means it should
have only taken about 2 minutes to get there, but why hurry!?

Jack lands the jet on The 118 high way, with the help of the co pilot who never commited suicide, and escapes where Curtis picks him up.
They get stopped by the Marines, and Curtis talks their commander into letting him through. He addresses him as "Commander" even though their are no commanders in the Marines, it is a Navy rank!

Martha Stewart gives Jack and Buchanan free reign at CTU. Chloe is put in
charge of the I-Pod and she is doing who-knows-what to it and never makes a backup copy. See, I'd make 666 copies, just for the heck of it.

Bluetooth dude, that drinks scotch on the rocks, tells Logan that the country could not handle such a huge scandal and suggests that he commit suicide.
Of course the country would have have no problem handling the President committing suicide.
Never one not to jump on a bad idea, Logan agrees, pours himself a scotch, (I'm almost certain it was Black Bush!) and gets his pistol out of this nice oak box on his desk at the LA White House. Do you think that even Cheney keeps a gun ON his desk? If he did, I'll bet he doesn't anymore.

Miles decides to throw in with the pres and goes up to Chloe with a hidden
supermagnet, destroying the files on the I-Pod. Meanwhile Bierko is ordered
transferred out of CTU (why?) , and of course CTU security allows Bierko's
boys to impersonate the secure transfer people so that he can escape.

Just before Logan is about to shoot himself, Miles calls in on the main
White House phone and the president answers! He says not to worry, he'll
take care of the problem at CTU, and Logan puts the gun away.

I guess that the only hope now is for Jack to get confesssions out ot
Robocop (impossible), maybe Bierko (escaped, and what does he know anyway),
or find the Bluetooth Dudes (Robocop feels that they are far too powerful
for Jack to catch them, maybe they really DO work for Big Tobasco)

Lion's out.

Dead_Lioness said:
Busy day for me yesterday:

Hour 21

We start off with Bluetooth dude telling the president to have the hijacked plane transmit a DBR signal. That's the signal you get if you are a pilot and you push a red button. It means:

"we've been hijacked and the hijacker wants to use the plane in a 911 style
attack, so please send the military to shoot us down. "

The red button is next to a purple button that sends a signal meaning.

"We've been hijacked, but I don't think the hijacker is a terrorist, he just
wants to get away to Mexico or somewhere so please don't shoot us down".

President Logan has some Admiral send the plane from Point Mugu, saying it will take 10 minutes to get there.
Point Mugu is 65 miles northwest of LA, and an F18 tops out around mach 1.8 (over 1200 miles an hour), which means it should
have only taken about 2 minutes to get there, but why hurry!?

Jack lands the jet on The 118 high way, with the help of the co pilot who never commited suicide, and escapes where Curtis picks him up.
They get stopped by the Marines, and Curtis talks their commander into letting him through. He addresses him as "Commander" even though their are no commanders in the Marines, it is a Navy rank!

Martha Stewart gives Jack and Buchanan free reign at CTU. Chloe is put in
charge of the I-Pod and she is doing who-knows-what to it and never makes a backup copy. See, I'd make 666 copies, just for the heck of it.

Bluetooth dude, that drinks scotch on the rocks, tells Logan that the country could not handle such a huge scandal and suggests that he commit suicide.
Of course the country would have have no problem handling the President committing suicide.
Never one not to jump on a bad idea, Logan agrees, pours himself a scotch, (I'm almost certain it was Black Bush!) and gets his pistol out of this nice oak box on his desk at the LA White House. Do you think that even Cheney keeps a gun ON his desk? If he did, I'll bet he doesn't anymore.

Miles decides to throw in with the pres and goes up to Chloe with a hidden
supermagnet, destroying the files on the I-Pod. Meanwhile Bierko is ordered
transferred out of CTU (why?) , and of course CTU security allows Bierko's
boys to impersonate the secure transfer people so that he can escape.

Just before Logan is about to shoot himself, Miles calls in on the main
White House phone and the president answers! He says not to worry, he'll
take care of the problem at CTU, and Logan puts the gun away.

I guess that the only hope now is for Jack to get confesssions out ot
Robocop (impossible), maybe Bierko (escaped, and what does he know anyway),
or find the Bluetooth Dudes (Robocop feels that they are far too powerful
for Jack to catch them, maybe they really DO work for Big Tobasco)

Lion's out.

Call me crazy but I'm convinced that Jack made Miles call the Prez 'cause he knew he would off himself and Jacky boy wants the satisfaction of taking down his buddy David Palmer's killer himself.....

Sentient 6 said:
Call me crazy but I'm convinced that Jack made Miles call the Prez 'cause he knew he would off himself and Jacky boy wants the satisfaction of taking down his buddy David Palmer's killer himself.....
Hehe, you and your conspiracy theories. BTW you owe me a coke...or possibly one of those green NM girlies...for making fun of my Heller hypothesis which turned out to be right. :p

Sentient 6 said:

I love you Warrel.

Tiff said:
Hehe, you and your conspiracy theories. BTW you owe me a coke...or possibly one of those green NM girlies...for making fun of my Heller hypothesis which turned out to be right. :p

yeah yeah, lucky guess, you'll get your coke, they make it in cans now.....

Only 3 more hours..... they will definitely do 2 hour episode at the end...
fuck.

Tiff: how did you like the fact that they told Audrey: "Your dad is alive and on his way to CTU right now"
I could just picture him running on the highway all wet with a 3 days old beard :lol:

Sentient 6 said:
yeah yeah, lucky guess, you'll get your coke, they make it in cans now.....
That ain't luck baby, that's skill. Remember when I called Almeda getting axed trying to pull off some vendetta scheme to avenge Michelle?
And I probably should have said "some" coke, not "a" coke. Oh how cliché, a lawyer with a coke habit.

Dead_Lioness said:
Tiff: how did you like the fact that they told Audrey: "Your dad is alive and on his way to CTU right now"
I could just picture him running on the highway all wet with a 3 days old beard
It's a shame sometimes that 24 is in real time, because Swamp Thing would make a sweet flashback image.

Souls of Black said:
Karen? Suspense is killing me....:err:

Sorry I'm late with this, but basically I lost the first one I typed, and I hate re-typing :mad:

but here it is:

HOUR 22

A very silly episode, even for 24. First, CTU figures out that Miles, who seems to get gayer by the hour,
must have zapped the I - Pod implicating Logan with his super pocket electromagnet with flashing lights.
They are P.O'd at him, but they can't do much about it besides complain because Miles has been 'transfered
to the White House'. I'm not sure if this is the LA White House or the horse farm near LA.
BTW I've spent lots of time in and around LA, and I don't recall seeing very many VIrginia- style farms with stables and horses like the LA White House.

All of Bierko's crew were killed off a few hours ago, but no worries. Just like Henderson,
he always has another well trained, well armed crew ready to jump in and do terrorism in a few minutes notice, and guess what, these guys have one last canister of Centox.
They were just driving around with it in a Jeep with the whole city on lockdown.

Hooray for the Centox come back!

Back at CTU, they come up with a brilliant idea, immunity for Robocop if he helps them out.
Actually its not immunity, Robocop wants to disappear because he is afraid that the Blue Tooth crew will kill him if he becomes a free man,
and guess what, Robocop knows just the guy to help them out.
His name is Joshua Molina and he's a young rich dude who lives in a mansion.
He's pals with Bierko. Robocop brags that his computers are way better than CTU's, they even have "Phoenix Shield" which Chloe says
can wipe out his hard drives in seconds of you look at them the wrong way. Robocop tells Jack
that Molina is too tough to be broken, which is hard to believe because the guy looks like Ricky Martin.

Robocop seems to try to double cross Jack, but then fast talks his way out of trouble when Jack catches him.

Meanwhile, back at the LA White house, Logan decides that Pierce, who we thought was already dead, needs to go,
but the First Lady shows up and shoots an evil Secret Service dude, rescuing Pierce.
Good work, especially considering that she has been popping pills and downed at least 2 bottles of red wine
in the past 2 hours. When I drink that much wine, it makes me go night-night.

Now get this. There just happens to be a Russian Sub docked in LA.
It is commanded by a US Navy crew, because of some goodwill US / Russia BS.
Now sorry for focusing on geeky military issues, but anyone who has ever even watched Star Trek should know enough about the military that:

1 - A "Lieutenant" is too low of a rank to be a ship commander.
2 - The "Lieutenant" actually has a gold maple insignia and is therefore a Lieutenant Commander.
LC's are always addressed as Commander, never Lieutenant , but hey....
3 - I know military folks like to get up early, but a full up ship inspection at 4:30 AM?

Bierko rolls up on the sub which is under no security whatsoever and Centoxes the crew to death.
He commandeers the ship wearing gas masks.
His new crew, which was at best his C or D team, know perfectly well how to control the ships weapons and they train them on downtown LA.
There are apparently no nukes to which I say, why not?
I guess the fact that only conventional weapons are on board (which can only take out a city block or two) makes the whole thing more believable.

Lets hope they can do better for the finale next week.
I am thinking that the Bluetooth crew might return as bad guys again next year.

Lioness out.