3 BEST

BloodSword

Jan 30, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
In my humble opinion, I wanted to state what I consider the 3 best melodic-death metal albums from the mid-90's Gothenburg scene: Dark Tranquility--The Gallery, Edge of Sanity--Crimson and In Flames--The Jester Race/ Black Ash Inheritance. Did I miss any? Discuss. Sorry, if their was a post on this already. I could'nt find one.:kickass:

Dark Tranquillity-The minds I
In Flames-The jester race
At the Gates-Slaughter of the soul.
----------------------------------------
well there are Vittra by Naglfar, a bloodred path by Gates of Ishtar and some others left. I never listened to Unanimated but I've just heard good stuff about them

It's tough to limit them to just three, but here are the ones that first come to mind:

Dark Tranquillity - The Mind's I
Hypocrisy - The Final Chapter
At the Gates - Terminal Spirit Disease

A couple others:

In Flames - Whoracle
Eucharist - Mirrorworlds

eucharist and hypocrisy weren't based in gothenburg, right?

the glorious year of -95:
at the gates - slaughter of the soul
dark tranquillity - the gallery
in flames - the jester race

the albums that defined the gothenburgsound to the world!

Delirious, you might be right. I thought Crimson is one of the best melodic-death albums. Anyway, I just got the "Gallery" remaster(my original from yrs ago, well) So i hadn't heard it for awhile and now I can't get it out of my cd player!!! An absolute brilliant brick of melodic-death metal.

PaganThunder, (Cool name,man) anyway, I'll be ordering "Whoracle" and "Once sent from the Golden Hall" real soon. I really dig Black and Death metal, but I have to start getting a couple more brilliant death albums. "Mind's Eye" sounds like a definite buy. Thanx.

Dark Tranquillity - The Gallery
In Flames - Whoracle
At The Gates - Slaughter of The Soul

At The Gates - With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness
Dissection - Storm of Light's Bane
Dark Tranquillity - The Gallery

Other honourable swedish mid 90s mentions:
Meshuggah - destroy errase improve
Meshuggah - Chaosphere
Entombed - Clandestine
Opeth - Still Life

BloodSword said:
PaganThunder, (Cool name,man) anyway, I'll be ordering "Whoracle" and "Once sent from the Golden Hall" real soon. I really dig Black and Death metal, but I have to start getting a couple more brilliant death albums. "Mind's Eye" sounds like a definite buy. Thanx.

Cheers man, yeah check out Amon Amarth, definatly, fucking awsome, powerful, brutal viking death metal. Once Sent from the golden hall is my personal favourite, they have a few albums out to choose from, the new one is due out late next month, heard a sample of it, sounds fucking awsome!