30 Scariest Movies Ever Made

From that list, I would go with Poltergeist. I dunno how Evil Dead made that list - did they not realise it was a comedy?

It's too much of a hollywood list. Movies that come to mind for me are:

Ring (Japanese version)
Suspiria (Dario Argento) - the scene with the blind guy and his dog is probably my fave scene ever
Cube (Vincezo Natali)
Groundhog Day (seriously) it scares the shit outta me, he tries to kill himself and he keeps coming back to life.

I would say that "Sleepy Hollow" was pretty scary. This film had amazing cinematography, in eerie b&w color, a very chilling depiction of the headless horsemen, and some very scary scenes set in early New England, which was a pretty scary time!

Yeah I agree the sleppy hallow is one of the scariest movie ever, from the list of stuff magazine I guess they made the right #1 scariest movie ever made! The "Exorcist" I remember when I a child watching that movie, I just pee on my shorts (LOL) .

Great picks anyway.......

For me I guess the movie that most scares me is the The Omen (1976)
I mean the original Omen is the scariest movie, because it was plausible—maybe there is a devil’s son.
For you What is the scariest movie ever made?

View the top 30 Scariest movie ever made here: The Scariest Movie Ever Made: 30-26 Article on Stuffmagazine.com

haha i saw the first page of that article, gremlins??? the blair witch project??? and then movies like jaws in the top ten, the only movie i thought belonged there was the shinning

well Aliens sucks ass, back in the seventies it was probably scary, now its just long and boring as fuck, and it may just be me, but the exorsist is freaking hilarious, especaily when she's walking down the stairs retardedly XD and they forgot Cannibal Holocaust, that is the fucking sickest, nastiest scariest movie I've seen in my life.

Aliens wasn't scary, but it was still pretty fucking awesome. I love that movie.

ALIEN was quite scary- the reveal at the end wasn't too intimidating, but that film builds up some really gut-clenching suspense.

THE DESCENT is probably the best horror movie to come out lately. (It's pretty damn creepy, too.)

If you haven't seen the Japanse Movie "AUDITION" SEE IT NOW! THe first 3/4 of the movie is very slow and drags on... but as a horror movie fanatic, I can seriously say the last 1/4 of the movie creeped me out. BIG TIME! The last scenes made the whole movie worth watching over and over.

Also, Japanse movie "Tale of Two Sisters" is pretty creepy too. Not as much as Auditon though.

-Metal

I think the movie STIGMATA was the closest that I came to being scared. Actually, in fact, I was...I watched it alone at around like 2 in the morning during the night. This religious shit has always brought me the chills....

Another one would be Jacob's Ladder. I mean, it was an awesome movie that was disturbing at times with nice camera angles, but still it wasn't totally frightening or anything.

Generally, overall, movies don't really scare me. You're not really involved too much, like say, with a videogame or something. Movies like Saw or Hostel, for example, will certainly shock you, but they're hardly terrifying. That's why to me the Silent Hill videogames will forever be the most frightening experiences I've had....ever. The same goes for the Fatal Frame series of games, haha. You control their fate - it's something more than a scary movie can ever hope to accomplish. There are moments of pure silence with just a faint, eerie sound in the distance that will just send a cold chill down your spine. Now THAT shit's insane and I freaking love it!

Sorry but the original The Shining with Jack Nicholson has always scared me... particularly the ghost of the twin sisters down the hall... those two scare the shit out of me and gives me goosebumps... and The Excorcist scared me too for same reason as someone else mentioned... movies with religious themes like that scare me... There are other movies from the 80's that scare me but I'll list them later.. too tired to think of them right now but those two always come to mind to me... great now im not going to sleep tonight thinking of those two little evil girls... :cry: