30th Anniversary edition of Spreading the Disease coming!!!!

Cool, but Charlie says he's working on both the new album and the 30th anniversary release of Spreading The Disease. He also says they won't be released at the same time so one will be held back. Which one gets held back?

Cool, but Charlie says he's working on both the new album and the 30th anniversary release of Spreading The Disease. He also says they won't be released at the same time so one will be held back. Which one gets held back?

One effectively has a deadline (with 30 year anniv being this year) and the other doesn't. STD later this year. There's still lots to be finalised on the new record, so the new record is the one pushed back to next year.

Yeah I'm definitely looking forward to this, STD is probably my favorite Anthrax record period and it's cool to hear it's going to be a 2-disc set.

Good! I actually need a good CD version of this album. Used to have it but throughout all my moves interstate, etc I managed to lose it.

Yeah and there comes the tour "STD from start to finish" and then another nostalgic tour with some 80's bands... tours are always a priority, cos they actually make some money for the band... let's not expect the new album soon.

Yeah and there comes the tour "STD from start to finish" and then another nostalgic tour with some 80's bands... tours are always a priority, cos they actually make some money for the band... let's not expect the new album soon.

Honestly? If there was a tour where they did Spreading The Disease in it's entirety I'd totally be okay with them delaying the album for that. There's so many good songs that don't get played - the only songs played since the reunion are A.I.R., Madhouse, and Medusa, and A.I.R. has only been played a handful of times at that.

I'm a huge fan of The Enemy. It's always been one of my fave Anthrax songs that's forever overlooked (along with Discharge). The instrumental first minute of that song with the chugging bass and rhythm guitar is just crushing.

I'm a huge fan of The Enemy. It's always been one of my fave Anthrax songs that's forever overlooked (along with Discharge). The instrumental first minute of that song with the chugging bass and rhythm guitar is just crushing.
Something has always sat weird with me about that song. I'd like to hear a different mix without fx on the drums.

Let's bet how much compression will be thrown on the mix in mastering this. Will it beat the Megadeth remasters? Or, better yet, the Priest remasters? Break the DR5 threshold!