ANTHRAX Drummer Says DON NELSON Period Was 'A Very Bad Emotional Rollercoaster'

"newcomer Don Nelson joined the band - and was out almost before anyone could blink an eye."

Charlie Benante: [Puts his head in his hands] I can’t even begin to tell you what happened because it’s so...you wouldn’t believe it, anyway! Even if I told you! [Laughs]

still he gets mentioned on this board, i guess shitting on other people's backs can make someone famous.

"newcomer Don Nelson joined the band - and was out almost before anyone could blink an eye."

still he gets mentioned on this board, i guess shitting on other people's backs can make someone famous.

He'll go down in history as the guy that joined Anthrax, recorded an album, and pissed them off so bad they cut their losses and him.

I was going to add "and reworked and released the album with a diff(belladonna) singer". But that hasn't quite yet happened.

Charlie Benante: [Puts his head in his hands] I can’t even begin to tell you what happened because it’s so...you wouldn’t believe it, anyway! Even if I told you! [Laughs]

This brings the whole "Feces Fiasco" closer to the light of day. Let's end the rumors, Charlie. Tell us all, omit nothing, no matter how shitty the truth may be!!! DEMONS OUT!:kickass:

Yet they were sucking his cock as if they all were gay lovers. Scott Ian said multiple times that he was the best singer Anthrax ever had. I really wonder what was behind the whole thing because I don't believe the legend about shitting on someone.

Yet they were sucking his cock as if they all were gay lovers. Scott Ian said multiple times that he was the best singer Anthrax ever had.

Yep. And that was really the end for me. As much as I slagged the reunion back in '05, it was at least a known factor. This flaky "Don Nelson" feces fiasco was just utter shit from the get go. To see Scott & Charlie brown nose his brown eye as bad as they did, left me feeling pretty shitty towards them.

I really wonder what was behind the whole thing because I don't believe the legend about shitting on someone.

Let it go Johnny. Whether it's true or not, is moot. It's a good story....a shitty story...and Assthrax needs all the publicity they can get these days. Crappy or not the stool laden material known as Worship Music (Don Nelson style) will never see the light of day, as it is flushed to that great poop pile in the great beyond.

Don't question it.:kickass:

I'm glad he's not in Anthrax, but he really got fucked over. I wonder if it's Charlie or Scott who want Anthrax to be Pantera? Maybe both?

Yet they were sucking his cock as if they all were gay lovers. Scott Ian said multiple times that he was the best singer Anthrax ever had. I really wonder what was behind the whole thing because I don't believe the legend about shitting on someone.

When have they not said the same thing? Every singer they had was the best and every album before it came out was touted as their strongest work.

When have they not said the same thing? Every singer they had was the best and every album before it came out was touted as their strongest work.

Yep, when John was in, Scott did a Don Nelson and shat all over Joey. Then Don came in and HE was the best singer they ever had.
Now Joey's back and Charlie's getting chills hearing him sing a Don Nelson song cos it's like the old magic and Scott's curiously silent on his previous comments that Joey couldn't sing in tune.