30th Anniversary edition of Spreading the Disease coming!!!!

cool, i want this album with better sounds but i hope anthrax playing live some new album tracks live too. for usually anthrax playing 2 tracks from the latest album and the rest of the show is spreading, pot, among the living, every show again and again.

yeah, the cult anthrax songs are great but i want to see more newer anthrax songs live and i think if anthrax releasing spreading 30th anny. and the latest studio album at the same year, so i think anthrax playing the spreading songs live and not much from the latest album

I picked up the reissue yesterday (My local indie shop let's me pick up new releases early). The remaster job is nice, sounds much fuller than the previous CD releases. As for the bonus tracks, I haven't listened to everything yet, but I like what I've heard. The quality of the live tracks is great, much better than disc 1 of the BBC concerts release, which is the only other officially released version of some of these songs. The rhythm tracks are quite raw - no guitar solos, no vocals, and they're completely unmastered. Interesting to hear, but nothing really amazing. The most exciting track is the Medusa demo. The lyrics are different from the final version and Joey sings it very different - it's clear he was still getting the hang of what worked for Anthrax and what didn't.

At first I was a tiny bit skeptical about a remaster, because there are various classic albums that have been remastered badly. But I'm impressed with the remaster job as a whole on this album. With the one exception of "The Enemy" which sounds a muddy mess. This is my favourite thrash metal album, and it really has been given a new lease of life. I have not listened properly to the second disc yet.

I was hoping they would include a remastered "Raise Hell" too, but I guess they didn't want to, didn't think to, or didn't have the rights to. Here's hoping (most likely in vain) that Fistful of Metal gets the same treatment.

Last edited:
I bought the CD today and I'm really disapointed with the remastering. It sounds almost like the original, so why should I buy this one? A good example for a remastered classic record is Flotsam and Jetsam Doomsday for the Deciever 20 anniversary. You can hear all instruments clear without losing the original spirit. In my opinion the STD deluxe edition is a joke $$$ ! The live CD is a little better than the bbc disc, but nothing special. I expected a lot more of one of the best 80ies thrash records.

I bought the CD today and I'm really disapointed with the remastering. It sounds almost like the original, so why should I buy this one? A good example for a remastered classic record is Flotsam and Jetsam Doomsday for the Deciever 20 anniversary. You can hear all instruments clear without losing the original spirit. In my opinion the STD deluxe edition is a joke $$$ ! The live CD is a little better than the bbc disc, but nothing special. I expected a lot more of one of the best 80ies thrash records.
I haven't had a chance to listen to it but I highly doubt the sound will be rooted , why is everyone these days a sound engineer that thinks they could have done a better job,this is how anthrax wanted it obviously

You don't need to be a sound egineer to hear that the sound is like the original and don't have to be a potographer to see that they cut out Dan Spitz on all photos. He was part of their success and history and that behaviour is childish and redicilious. If you don't know Anthrax you could think it was a 4 piece band back in 80ies.
Beside I'm no sound engineer why should I spend 18€ (20$) when I have the original one and the sound is the same beside a little volume change?

Last edited:
I've had every version of STD, original vinyl, CD, cassette, SHM CD and I think this is the best it's ever sounded. Like someone above said, it's much fuller sounding. The "thin" sound is mostly gone, apparently along with any pictures of Spitz.

they cut out Dan Spitz on all photos. He was part of their success and history and that behaviour is childish and redicilious. If you don't know Anthrax you could think it was a 4 piece band back in 80ies.
I agree. Cutting him out was an act worth of teenage girls...

Yeah it sucks for the fans but I would think there is a very good reason legally for leaving him out,I gave it a good crank on my shitty car stereo and it sounded pretty good to my ears,love the demo of armed and dangerous,joey has def grown as a singer,u can tell he was still learning metal ;)

If Dan Spitz is cut out of the photo's I'll just Download the FLAC elsewhere, and my payment will be a few sheets of toilet paper that was wiped from my rear and will mail it off to Megaforce

Yea who cares... There is a difference between a direct threat and wishing someone dead. I seriously wish Scott and Charlie took that bullet instead of Dimebag. Scott and Charlie are lower than scum

Dan Spitz wrote on his facebook page that Charlie had recently texted him that he wanted "to erase him from the Anthrax history". So, here it is.

This is really something special for the fans !!! This is beyond anything I would ever expect. No possible physics on earth and has to be physics from Outer Space somewhere. Almost like Leave it to Beaver family turns to the slime white trash family of Married with Children family.

Wasnt Dan originally in the band and recorded Demos before Charlie was even the drummer ?

Attachments

• Quote.jpg
    Quote.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 5
One of reasons I quit being an Anthrax fan is a way of treating with some (ex-) members. When Joey was fired, Scott and Charlie spoke ill of him and when they needed him back, he was the right man all of sudden… I wish the anniversary edition would have come out before they had to do the reunion tour because I wonder whether Charlie contacted Dan after having cut out his photo from the booklet…

If somebody here says something offensive about an Anthrax member, he is unwanted. If a band member behaves like a dick, most of people here pass it over in silence…