4 Minutes Alone! Pantera tribute!

What do you think of 4 Minutes Alone and the guitar sound?

• Total voters

muckypup1

Sinister Haven \m/
Jul 13, 2009
UK, Islington
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/muckypup/music/all/play735859

4 Minutes Alone it is called!

Its played badly and the sound isn't the best but who fucking cares!

Its got no bass, just drums and two tracks of guitar. I was using the new NO AMP Sansamp pedal sim, Kefir and one of Guitarhack's impulses!

Let me know what you think dudes!

Also, this was more of a test to see what sound I could get from this new pedal sim, I think that with some tweaking it could get some pretty cool tones.

Well I did say that it sounded pretty bad and was badly played! But "Dime's sound was the worst tone he had ever heard" thats a load of shit. Dime had an awesome metal tone!

Um, apart from the few bung notes, terrible guitar tone and sloppy playing, it was just below average! :puke:
I think Petrovsk Mizinski once said that Dime's sound was the worst tone he had ever heard, well ................

When I said that, mind you I meant more the CFH, VPOP and FBD tones, I actually think Reinventing the Steel had a reasonably good tone (not great though). Didn't really enjoy much tunes off Reinventing though, only a few good songs off that album I reckon.
I might not dig the tones of CFH and VPOP, but I can take them for what they are, which are two of the most fucking killer metal albums in existence.

^^^ if you are talking about my clip, then I totally agree. I hate the way the drums sound on it, I don't really know how i got them to sound like that :(

When I said that, mind you I meant more the CFH, VPOP and FBD tones, I actually think Reinventing the Steel had a reasonably good tone (not great though). Didn't really enjoy much tunes off Reinventing though, only a few good songs off that album I reckon.
I might not dig the tones of CFH and VPOP, but I can take them for what they are, which are two of the most fucking killer metal albums in existence.

Do you mean VDOP (Vulgar Display Of Power), or am I getting confused?

First of all you can take out that awful snare, she doesnt have mids and low end. Just replacing some shit that doesnt fit the mix could improve the mix a lot. A better snare will give a better guitar sound, not as active process but as a passive process, because everything has an influential character in the mix. Try that:)

Myself i think dime's tone was awesome, it's not at all your standard metal sound but it works for what he did. Judged on it's own as a "tone" then yeah it's nasty, but it's a nerdy and sad world where tone is considered separate from music and musicians