"40 Greatest Metal Songs"

kiss is barely music, let alone metal.

You can fucking KISS my ass fucker, they're awesome.

VH1's got another list, and boy is it sad, thought it could be a lot worse...

• 40. "Breaking the Law" - Judas Priest
• 39. "I'm Eighteen" - Alice Cooper

• 37. "Smoke on the Water" - Deep Purple

• 34. "Paranoid" - Black Sabbath

• 31. "Rock You Like a Hurricane" - Scorpions

• 27. "Run to the Hills" - Iron Maiden

• 22. "Enter Sandman" - Metallica
• 21. "Paradise City" - Guns 'N' Roses
• 20. "I Wanna Rock" - Twisted Sister

• 7. "The Number of the Beast" - Iron Maiden
• 6. "Detroit Rock City" - KISS
• 5. "You've Got Another Thing Coming" - Judas Priest
• 4. "Back in Black" - AC/DC
• 3. "Master of Puppets" - Metallica
• 2. "Welcome to the Jungle" - Guns 'N' Roses
• 1. "Iron Man" - Black Sabbath

All these songs are fucking awesome.

Few good songs on there. Seems with all of Vh1 lists they just gather up a shitload of songs and put them all on "random". They probably do a poll for the Top 10 and thats all. The Top 100 Hard Rock Song list where Carmen Electra was hosting ( was hoping to catch a glimpse of that splendid snatch of hers under that leather skirt, but shot down), they had Fugazi and Kings X at like #60 while a Pantera song at 70something? ...dont get it.

And BlueJAY: WHY do you have to express how much you HATE Death in EVERY FUCKING POST? Death owns you. Period.

There IS no underground on VH1.

How true, how true. I saw that special too. I agreed with some, but there wasn't anything at all extreme on there. Where's King Diamond's "Welcome Home?" even worse is their feeble attempt at documenting metal. While the headbanger's journey wasn't perfect, it was godly next to vh1's documentary. All they talked about is what bands became popular. They didn't mention the genres. They almost had some redemption when they covered thrash, but then only mentioned "the big 4" and went on to dedicate the rest of the program to Metallica and Nu Metal. What a fuckin' joke!

i'm not surprised, some are good songs, some aren't even metal, either way how the hell are you leaving off Cannibal Corpse-Hammer Smashed Face? It's VH1, I'm not surprised, I actually watched a little of this show yesterday.

Crap list...

But I can see the case behind their top 5 songs.

IronMan
Welcome to the Jungle
Master of Puppets

And BlueJAY: WHY do you have to express how much you HATE Death in EVERY FUCKING POST? Death owns you. Period.

That's politcally incorrect since I don't mention Death in every post I make but they do seem to be mentioned a lot lately, I had to reply to Hell Awaits because I don't believe any of Death's songs belong on the top 40 because I simply don't like their production methods and their vocalist.

dont you think that one of the best metal songs ever wrote is not in this SHITLIST... men how is possible that Symphony Of Destruction is not in that crapy list?? and they put Def Leppard on the list that is the LAME band ever ...

WHAT THE FUCK IS SLIPKNOT DOING THERE IM DISGRACED TO BE CALLED A METALHEAD IF THEY PUT THAT BULLSHIT.....................

WHERE THE FUCK IS PAINKILLER DAMNIT...LOL

FUCK SLIPKNOT AND FUCK VH1 WITH THERE FUCKING LISTS

fuck I went off cause this is the second worst list I have ever seen

the first being Hit Parader's top 100 metal songs

they went as far as putting Sevendust in that bullshit list