25 MOST IMPORTANT BANDS EVER

metal paddy

call me paddy the mod
Sep 26, 2005
london
www.myspace.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1981-2006, according to Kerrang!

25 - Motorhead
24 - Rage Against The Machine
23 - Emperor
22 - Marilyn Manson
21 - Def Leppard
20 - Slipknot
19 - Soundgarden
18 - Black Flag
17 - Napalm Death
16 - Fugazi
15 - Nine Inch Nails
14 - Blink 182
13 - Judas Priest
12 - Korn
11 - Bon Jovi
10 - Nirvana
9 - Pantera
8 - Faith No More
7 - Slayer
6 - Ozzy Osbourne
5 - Green Day
4 - AC/DC
3 - Metallica
2 - Guns N Roses
1 - Iron Maiden :kickass: WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK:kickass:

If anyone is gonna say Opeth is important. Please shut the fuck up you tasteless moron. Opeth is about as an improtant as Blink 182 and Opeth sucks.

Where the hell is SLAYER? is the real question. but why am i talking to you people. you all lyou isten to opeth and think they are important. you dont who is your god. opeth isnt.

How is Maiden #1?

I like them, but I don't think they are as important as GnR or Metallica as far as how they contributed to music.

Scott

>>>Wow, how could they forget Black Sabbath? Where's Led Zeppelin? Pink Floyd?

1981 - 2006

which is a bit confusing since they use "ever"

To not include Carcass, who pioneered two subgenres, is ridiculous. Bathory and Mayhem are clearly super important as well, among others.

We should make our own list, but limit it to metal. The above didn't specify metal, so it's amazing there are even as many metal bands as there are on the list.

SheisMySin said:
>>>Wow, how could they forget Black Sabbath? Where's Led Zeppelin? Pink Floyd?

1981 - 2006

which is a bit confusing since they use "ever"
They were still active in the 80's. Maybe not Zeppelin or Floyd so much, but Sabbath was

Im not sure about Marylin Manson... Is he gotta be there?

And how about to mention Norma Jean and Pearl Jam?...

>>>>To not include Carcass, who pioneered two subgenres, is ridiculous. Bathory and Mayhem are clearly super important as well, among others.

I agree IF we were talking about metal. But then we'd have to put down Dream Theater or Helloween...

Metal is just a sub genre to rock as far as everyone else is concerned.

Scott

>>>And how about to mention Norma Jean and Peral Jam?...

Pearl Jam definitely. Unless they went with Nirvana over PJ?

I don't even know NJ - I thought they were a christian hardcore metal band that came along way after the original Xtian metal bands.

How about Ministry?

SheisMySin said:
How is Maiden #1?

I like them, but I don't think they are as important as GnR or Metallica as far as how they contributed to music.

Scott
Please just get out.

And like others have said...NO Black Sabbath. Anywhere. :err:

But why does this thread even exist? It's Kerrang, what's the surprise?

>>>Please just get out.

lol

Sweet Child O Mine
Welcome to the Jungle
Paradise City

Please tell me one Iron Maiden song that has been remotely close to being as popular as those are?

Yeah yeah yeah...up the irons. They have some great stuff...but in terms of mass appeal and impact on a generation, GnR obliterated glam rock and cheesy heavy metal with one album.

Scott

without some quantification of what they mean by "important" i cant see how anyone can criticize this, other than to say that such lists are an incredibly lazy excuse for journalism