25 MOST IMPORTANT BANDS EVER

metal paddy said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1981-2006, according to Kerrang!

25 - Motorhead Yea
24 - Rage Against The Machine Nay
23 - Emperor Yea
22 - Marilyn Manson Nay
21 - Def Leppard Yea
20 - Slipknot Nay
19 - Soundgarden Maybe
18 - Black Flag Almost, but nay
17 - Napalm Death Yea
16 - Fugazi Not really
15 - Nine Inch Nails Fuck no
14 - Blink 182 :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
13 - Judas Priest Fuck yes
12 - Korn Fuck no
11 - Bon Jovi Nay
10 - Nirvana Nay
9 - Pantera Yea
8 - Faith No More Yea
7 - Slayer Fucking hell yes
6 - Ozzy Osbourne Nay
5 - Green Day :ill: :puke:
4 - AC/DC Yea
3 - Metallica Kinda
2 - Guns N Roses Nay
1 - Iron Maiden :kickass: WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK:kickass:

That list demonstrates why Kerrang is a magazine for retards. They did get about 1/2 of it right, IMO, so maybe I'm half-retarded:erk:

SheisMySin said:
>>>Please just get out.

lol

Sweet Child O Mine
Welcome to the Jungle
Paradise City

Please tell me one Iron Maiden song that has been remotely close to being as popular as those are?

Yeah yeah yeah...up the irons. They have some great stuff...but in terms of mass appeal and impact on a generation, GnR obliterated glam rock and cheesy heavy metal with one album.

Scott

You're a fucking dildo.
Sorry Erik, I couldn't resist the blatant flaming.

Scourge of Malice said:
Fugazi has been pretty darn influencial on a lot of bands actually... not in metal, but rock/indy/etc.

I'm not really sure that they are worthy of the particular spot that kerrang gives them on their list...but on the other hand a lot of the list is crap and kerrang generally has no idea what it is talking about. In either case, I think that Fugazi does have a place on a list like this, given the time period of the list, and I enjoy their music from time to time.

To be perfectly honest, I can't fault the list.

If it'd be titled "25 most important bands to contemporary music", I'd say they hit the nail on the head, because that's what it is.

Though it's a given that, either way, Black Sabbath probably belong on there.

metal paddy said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1981-2006, according to Kerrang!

25 - Motorhead - YES
24 - Rage Against The Machine NO
23 - Emperor NO
22 - Marilyn Manson NO
21 - Def Leppard NO
20 - Slipknot NO
19 - Soundgarden NO
18 - Black Flag NO
17 - Napalm Death MAYBE
16 - Fugazi NO
15 - Nine Inch Nails NO
14 - Blink 182 NO
13 - Judas Priest MAYBE
12 - Korn NO
11 - Bon Jovi NO
10 - Nirvana NO
9 - Pantera NO
8 - Faith No More MAYBE
7 - Slayer YES
6 - Ozzy Osbourne NO
5 - Green Day NO
4 - AC/DC YES
3 - Metallica MAYBE
2 - Guns N Roses NO
1 - Iron Maiden YES:kickass: WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK:kickass:

i think Kerrap! sells out real Britism metal, every Wednesday.

>>>8 - Faith No More - Good band but no.

Bah - they are a great creative metal band, and they definitely belong in there. Not only did they attract a LOT of people to metal...to me, they showed metalheads and bands new directions the music could be taken, instead of pure speed or death.

Very essential band imo.

Scott

>>>You're a fucking dildo. Sorry Erik, I couldn't resist the blatant flaming.

lol - way to contribute there.

"I'm not going to argue because Maiden was never at the level GnR was, so I'll just resort to name calling"

I like Maiden, and they have done a lot for metal, and have a lot of anthems...but never did they come close to GnR's appeal when Appetite for Destruction came out.

And actually, the more I think about it...that albumn was heavier in terms of feeling than anything Maiden put out too. lol.

$50 bucks says you weren't even listening to metal/hard rock in 1986? Of course you wouldn't get the impact and popularity of GnR if you're some metal newbie.

Scott

>>>come again?

Dude, don't even argue the fact Faith no More isn't a metal band. They had a lot of different sounds...a LOT...rap...jazz...everything thrown in a blender, but they still were definitely metal. Unless you want to start labeling songs instead of artists.

The guitars, the riffs... the vocals...yeah, I would call them metal over all, but I can see why some people wouldn't. I'm trying to think of other bands who broke the metal mold like they did.

Sacred Reich did a good song about being so judgemental on American Way about what metal is. Reminded me of faith no more a bit.

Scott

duckies117ql0du.jpg
I DO NOT THINK G N R HAD A HAND IN MAKING AS MANY PEOPLE AWARE OF METAL MUSIC AS IRON MAIDEN AND METALLICA :kickass:

>>>I DO NOT THINK G N R HAD A HAND IN MAKING AS MANY PEOPLE AWARE OF METAL MUSIC AS IRON MAIDEN

Well there's no way to prove your opinion, is there? I definitely disagree.

They played the same role as Korn or Slipknot did. They used aggressive sounds to appeal to kids of mainstream music and rap...the next logical step after Slipknot and Korn was to go heavier.

Same with GnR. ALL the people who liked Cinderella, Poison, Motley Crue, Tesla, Quiet Riot, etc etc (and there were a LOT bro)...now looked to GnR. From there, metallica (they toured together)...and so on.

Asides from Run to the Hills...what are some other maiden songs that non-metal listeners would hear and follow into that genre? (If I'm off, lemme know...but I can't think of any maiden songs that had near the popularity of GnR songs)

Scott

Yeah, I know, but they still took a fluffy metal/rock scene, and gave it attitude when metal wasn't nearly as popular back then. I mean...it's never been popular, but it was pretty underground back then.

Scott