Revolver Magazine: 50 Heaviest Bands

That's the whole point of the thread, though.

The next stage should be enlightening others to what "heavy bands (in our opinions)" really are, so we can get a frame of reference, by posting reasonings behind it.

Chromatose said:
That's the whole point of the thread, though.

The next stage should be enlightening others to what "heavy bands (in our opinions)" really are, so we can get a frame of reference, by posting reasonings behind it.

It just seems to be going in circles. Do we appoint an authority on what is heavy? And how would we do that. Does anyone have authority over anyoone else on the subject and what give them this superiority? So many different opinions.

:zombie:

Well sure, if you grouped a bunch of heavy bands together, it's difficult to say which is heavier in that instance, and there's no point bickering over that. As for what is heavy, that's been considered several times already, no point going in circles about that either, unless a point is being refuted, then it can be debated properly in a sensible manner.

And as the topic of appreciation of a band, it's completely worthless as has been done numerous times here, to say " (band) isn't heavy because I don't like them," Who cares! Heavy = Heavy.

some choice defintions..

heav·y (hv)
adj. heav·i·er, heav·i·est
1. Having relatively great weight: a heavy load.
2. Having relatively high density; having a high specific gravity.
4. Of great intensity: heavy activity; heavy fighting.
a. Having great power or force: a heavy punch.
b. Violent; rough: heavy seas.
a. Dense; thick: a heavy fog.
b. Slow to dissipate; strong: "There was a heavy fragrance of flowers and lemon trees" Mario Puzo.
c. Too dense or rich to digest easily: a heavy dessert.

I am just interested in others' opinions of what a heavy band is, because the provided proof has so far been very one sided, with the others claiming things such as: "NO! fuck kyuss, JUDAS PRIEST is heavy" or etc. It just looks foolish.

And yes , that list is horrible, so let's ignore it.

so was meatloaf one of the heaviest bands

(excuse me if this joke was already made, i didnt feel like reading the thread)

Dude, that picture on your signature line turns me on in this really weird way...LOL!!

Wait, is that monster screwing her or killing her?...now I have no idea what's going on...