Revolver Magazine: 50 Heaviest Bands

Lunar Still said:
You're definitely a poseur if you spell it poser.

...Wait, what?

You got that backwards...

Pretentious? Moi?

Yes, let's argue more! :Smokin:

Um, I'm not sure what I got, though...

Sabbath rules?

neonblak said:
40. Black Flag

I was listening to Black Flag's "My War" last night and it occured to me what a beast of an album this is. More than that, it's revolutionary. If Sabbath deserves credit for what they did to heavy back in the day, Black Flag deserves some of that as well for taking it another step. After doing some googling for this album, and reading comments from the time of it's release (all the way back in 1984), the mark it made on the landscape of music and the bands following it's release is monumental.

Consuming Impulse said:
fucked up list. where the hell is pestilence, the berzerker, candlemass, crowbar, cannibal corpse, mayhem, darkthrone, fear factory, bathory, kreator, sodom, etc.?!?

these are a list of bands from that list that arent even that heavy:
  1. hatebreed
  2. ac/dc
  3. voivod
  4. the stooges
  5. nirvana
  6. slipknot
  7. soundgarden
  8. led zeppelin
  9. swans
  10. melvins
  11. neurosis
  12. iris
  13. tool
  14. killing joke
  15. black flag
  16. blue cheer
  17. DEP
  18. opeth
  19. monster magnet
  20. nin
  21. lamb of god
  22. killswitch engaged
  23. shadows fall
  24. high on fire
  25. kyuss
Opeth not heavy? Have you heard any of their albums beside Damnation?

MajestikMøøse said:
I might have recommended something else, but seriously, it doesn't get any more heavy than "Drop out of Life with Bong in Hand, Follow the Smoke toward the Riff filled Land"... It's like understanding what it's like to be neal.
that is one of my favorite lyrics. <3 4 u!

to clear up the SLEEP confusion: after they broke up guitarist Matt Pike went on to High on Fire, and the other two dudes (bass and drums) are OM. all three of these bands rule, SLEEP remaining the most ruling.

Electric Wizard should have the #2 spot simply for Dopethrone alone

anyone bashing Black Sabbath is obviously gay and lying.

Deftones is one the craziest live bands ive ever seen (back in the late 90s anyway, im sure they're all lame and subdued like their music now)

Devy_Metal continues to prove that he doesnt know anything about anything

where the hell is Buried at Sea?

Stormrider1981 said:
Yeah but we'd totally need to put Marilyn Manson on there, because he's like, totally, like, hard.
Marilyn Manson's white androgenous suit with the boobs is less gay than drawing pictures of elves and faries.

Cephalopod said:
This list is gay. Where are Priest and Maiden?
blind_cynic said:
Iron Maiden?
Judas Priest?
Megadeth?
Testament?
that list is american bullshit.
these posts are 100% terrible. totally missed the point of the list.

firewalkjen said:
You know what they say, opinions are like assholes, everyone has them and they all smell like shit!! hahaha
its actually "...everyone has one and they all stink" see, its a pun using the double meaning of stink. saying an opinion smells like shit doesnt make any sense.

Stormrider1981 said:
Totally. Now let's go skate at the mall and feel heavy!
choke on a fucking waffle, seriously.

overall its probably the best "top 50 whatever" lists ive seen come out of a magazine. a lot of the stonerish/doom bands should be way higher on the list, but a bunch of the editors probably missed the point like half the fuckin braindead apes on this board did. oh well.

and now that everyone hates me i'll quietly move along...

neal saves the day

and YEAH, buried at sea

of course there's plenty bands along those lines that are heavy as fuckkk that can fill the list, but everyone will just say "wtf what about maiden?!"

neal is fookin' awesome.

anyway, he's right. It is one of the better lists seen from a mainstream magazine. I mean hell, they put NEUROSIS at #4, GODFLESH is in the top ten, and they mentioned SWANS in the first half of the list.

Seriously.

actually Neal,you totally missed the point.check out the title of the list:50 HEAVIEST bands.sorry for you but Deftones might be "crazy" live but for sure they ain't heavy.now don't tell me The White Stripes is a heavier band than Iron Maiden.I'll repeat myself:this list is american bullshit.actually this is one of americans biggest problem,everything is related with a toplist.if something is not related with a toplist it isn't part of reality.