43. Shadows Fall
44. AC/DC
45. Obituary
46. Electric Wizard
47. Eyehategod
48. Death
49. Cathedral
50. Hatebreed

I always suspected that Soundgarden was the 2nd heaviest band ever. Now I have proof. </sarcasm> And I appoligize in advance if this has already been posted.

fucked up list. where the hell is pestilence, the berzerker, candlemass, crowbar, cannibal corpse, mayhem, darkthrone, fear factory, bathory, kreator, sodom, etc.?!?

these are a list of bands from that list that arent even that heavy:
  1. hatebreed
  2. ac/dc
  3. voivod
  4. the stooges
  5. nirvana
  6. slipknot
  7. soundgarden
  8. led zeppelin
  9. swans
  10. melvins
  11. neurosis
  12. iris
  13. tool
  14. killing joke
  15. black flag
  16. blue cheer
  17. DEP
  18. opeth
  19. monster magnet
  20. nin
  21. lamb of god
  22. killswitch engaged
  23. shadows fall
  24. high on fire
  25. kyuss

FretsAflame said:
Speaking of this, did you know that all things being equal, gas prices today are the same as they were 20 years ago?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Very witty Danielsan, very witty.

metalkingdom said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Very witty Danielsan, very witty.

I just find it funny that people are bitching when last week I was getting gas CHEAPER than people 20 years ago (inflation adjusted of course).

Waah waah XD :lol:

Am I the only guy that likes this list. Sure some of the bands didn't belong there and some were left out and the order was wack, but overall the bands that definately deserved to be there were on the list. Black Sabbath was no surprise tyo be #1, they deserve it though. Soundgarden was ranked a little high but they are heavy, just listen to their first two albums before they were dubbed as grunge, it was like sabbath riffs with a splash of hard/stoner/acid rock. I was glad to see alot of the less popular stoner rock/metal bands like the melvins, kyuss, saint vitus and electric wizard on the list, i thought i was the only one who liked those bands. Those bands are heavy in my opinion(espescially electric wizard, they would make my top 5). I was disappointed though to see bands like slipknot and hatebreed on the list, they are heavy but I think you need to be somewhat talented in order to make a list like this.
A band that I believe they left out though was Megadeth, they are heavier than metallica and metallica was high on the list. Overall the list wasn't too shabby, but could have been a bit better. If rolling stone or some other lame magazine wrote the list they'd probably put the beatles at the top 5 cause their dumb

the fact that godflesh, killing joke, and ministry are on it makes it awesome.

the fact that killswitch engage and nirvana are on it makes it void. :(

Is it wrong to feel that Justin needs to put Jesu on the backburner and work on a new Godflesh album?

I've only heard Heartache which was released in 03. I liked it. How does it compare to the new one?

I kinda liked heartache, I somewhat enjoyed half of the s/t,

Silver is like nothing I've ever heard. A brand new direction. Seriously heavy, but very ambient and dreamy all at once. As if My Bloody Valentine's Loveless was covered by a band of robots. What a horrible analogy!

A) Bashing on "lists" is the most cliche, predictable thing ever....

B) Speed does not equal heavy.

C) Each of you bashing on Black Sabbath is a total fucking poser, and 12, and an idiot.

Wow...The fact that they put Sabbath at the top and mushuggah, SYL and Opeth in the middle makes me giggle.

I hate reading those metal magazines! They obviously don't know what good music is.
BTW..Is Killswitch Engage really metal? I thought they were punkish *confused*

And I didn't know I was a 12 year old idiot poser..thanks for the enlightenment. :p

Dee Snarl said:
A) Bashing on "lists" is the most cliche, predictable thing ever....

B) Speed does not equal heavy.

C) Each of you bashing on Black Sabbath is a total fucking poser, and 12, and an idiot.

no speed doesnt mean heavy, that is for sure. no one said that. they said it seperates metal from rock. ill stick by that.

bashing sabbath? yea, i bashed them. i still would because i dont like them. original band, but very boring imo. and im a lot older than 12 buddy.

fuck, i forgot all about this thread. lets argue more.