Top 50 Riffs in Extreme Metal

y am i mad?? coz i speak the truth, come on link me a few solos.

btw i am not THAT biased, i actually liked that band pentagram.. slightly but i dont see whats so good about the riffs. kreators riffs for example shred the hell out of most BM riffs. EVEN manowar, yeah the incarnation of cheese even has alot of better riffs than BM.

may i just add.. that(i know im gonna get flamed by the haters) METALLICA have better intros, and a shitload of better riffs than BM too. thing about them is, that they are actually memorable and dont sound the same, the most important part of songwriting... originality, versatility, and never sound the same.

Ok, good comeback... flippin' stupid spelling police and especially ones that listen to modern metal crap that has alot of shitty vocals, and repetitive guitaring. Nevermind the fact that half of them cant come up with a half decent melodic solo that dosent sound forgettable and gay alot of the time.

What the fuck do you know about what I listen to, moron? and repetitive guitar playing? shows how much you know about guitar playing. If you ever did knew what I listen to, you would know that I despise repetitive songwriting. If you knew a flying fuck about metal you would know that the list is retarded. Come on, Black Sabbath and Danzig in an extreme metal list?

You give retarded people a bad name, do yourself a favor and shoot yourself.

The list as usual, sucks.

Some great riffs on extreme metal IMO:

Ulver - I Troldskog Faren Vild (both main riffs are awesome), Soelen Gaaer Bag Aase Need (clean vocals riff).

Hypocrisy - Osculum Obscenum - intro and chorus riff mainly (but the entire song is a kick in ur ass).

Burzum - Spell Of Destruction - verse.

Emperor - I am the black wizards , Inno a Satana (intro) and The Wanderer.

Morbid Angel - Where the slime live (not just the guitar, also the drum pattern is now a MA trademark, at least Bloodbath's Mock the cross, Opeth's Master's Apprentices and Luciferion's New World To See reminds me that song).

Satyricon - Hvite Krist Dod - Mother North

Immortal - Blashyrkh (since the clean riff till vocals begins).

Death has A LOT of amazing riffs... some of my favs:

Scavenger Of Human Sorrow 1st riff
Symbolic 1º and chorus riffs.
Crystal Mountain 1º riff
Lack Of Comprehension pre-chorus and chorus riffs.
Together As One intro
Pull The Plug pre chorus riff.

Lunar Aurora - Dunkler Mann
Agalloch - Hallways of Enchanted Ebony
Ulver - I Trolskog Faren Vild
Opeth - April Ethereal
Amorphis - Warriors Trial
Primordial - The Golden Spiral
Amon Amarth - Under the Northern Star
Black Sabbath - Symptom of the Universe
Mercyful Fate - Evil
Borknagar - Ruins of the Future
At the Gates - Kingdom Gone
Metallica - Battery

Opeth - Master's Apprentices (intro riff)
Opeth - The Grand Conjuration
Exodus - Blacklist
Hypocrisy - Eraser (chorus riff)
Arch Enemy - Carry The Cross
Pantera - Walk
Pantera - Domination
Children Of Bodom - Sixpounder
Death - Crystal Mountain
Strapping Young Lad - Love?
Immortal - Tyrants
Kataklysm - Crippled & Broken
Machine Head - Halo
Malevolent Creation - Deliver My Enemy
Soulfly - Unleash
Testament - Demonic Refusal

I want to hear opinions.
I personally think he was doing alright.
I know many people who think that he was the god, and as many who think that he was nothing special and only his death made him kind of a 'hero'.

I like his style but yeah as everyone who dies, wether it is Elvis Presley, Kurt Cobain, Chuck Schuldiner, Quorthon or Witold Kieltyka, he has gotten way overrated because of his death.

I want to hear opinions.
I personally think he was doing alright.
I know many people who think that he was the god, and as many who think that he was nothing special and only his death made him kind of a 'hero'.

when i was in high school i briefly liked pantera due mostly to the fact that i was learning some of dime's riffs and solos... so yes i think as a player he was pretty good.
as far as pantera's music though... i'd say it's mostly awful.