Top 50 Riffs in Extreme Metal

What makes a lot of BM riffs so good, I think, is that they sound so great, despite (or quite possibly because of) repetition. They naturally just sound good when repeated over and over.

IMO.

Maybe that's what makes them good to BM listeners. Most of the rest of us aren't too big on repetition iirc.

The intro is the mother of all riffs.

Yeah, that one would be pretty high on my list.

Darkthrone didn't stop having good guitar playing on their black metal stuff, it's very good.

I just don't agree and besides that the guitars are cheap sounding and sound like they're being played out of a little combo amp,etc. Fenriz actually use to have good drumming also and interesting drums fills/patterns/beats,etc.. and now resorts to hitting a cymbal and snare drum really fast for the entire duration of an album and it's just lame and boring. The entire corsepaint shitty sound no musicianship is just lame, but it is just my opinion. I'm not going to be another person on this board that fellates the Black Metal genre likes it's somehow the epitome of music when it is clearly not and be ignorant.

Fuckin' learn how to write first, idiot.

Ok, good comeback... flippin' stupid spelling police and especially ones that listen to modern metal crap that has alot of shitty vocals, and repetitive guitaring. Nevermind the fact that half of them cant come up with a half decent melodic solo that dosent sound forgettable and gay alot of the time.

Maybe that's what makes them good to BM listeners. Most of the rest of us aren't too big on repetition iirc.
Actually, a great amount of Black Metal is crap by more standard definitions (riffs are repeated, not that catchy, vocals usually are bad), but they still manage to create this awesome atmosphere that no other genre can really seem to match.

You can lick my balls bitch!

Can and will are two different things, though.

I just don't agree and besides that the guitars are cheap sounding and sound like they're being played out of a little combo amp,etc. Fenriz actually use to have good drumming also and interesting drums fills/patterns/beats,etc.. and now resorts to hitting a cymbal and snare drum really fast for the entire duration of an album and it's just lame and boring. The entire corsepaint shitty sound no musicianship is just lame, but it is just my opinion. I'm not going to be another person on this board that fellates the Black Metal genre likes it's somehow the epitome of music when it is clearly not and be ignorant.

So, basically you just don't get what black metal is about. We already knew that.

Ok, good comeback... flippin' stupid spelling police and especially ones that listen to modern metal crap that has alot of shitty vocals, and repetitive guitaring. Nevermind the fact that half of them cant come up with a half decent melodic solo that dosent sound forgettable and gay alot of the time.

u mad?