Top 50 Riffs in Extreme Metal

Best riff ever, maybe.

I don't see what sets that one in particular above the tens of other incredible riffs Sabbath wrote.

It seems really bizarre that Decibel would put only that Sabbath riff in there (and in a list of extreme metal riffs, of all things). It's like they went out of their way just to make a unique pick.

I don't see what sets that one in particular above the tens of other incredible riffs Sabbath wrote.

It seems really bizarre that Decibel would put only that Sabbath riff in there (and in a list of extreme metal riffs, of all things). It's like they went out of their way just to make a unique pick.

If they wanted to be unique, they shouldn't have even included Raining Blood.

36. Pentagram - All Your Sins (Intro to 0:16)
should had been #1 on their crappy list

http://boomp3.com/listen/c2lkqz7i8_2/03-end-amen
Always makes me picture destruction and chaos whenever I listen to it with my eyes close

kreator - material world paranoia
stone - get stoned
chastain - children of eden
bulldozer - desert
destruction - united by hatred
devastation - deliver the suffering
wrath - when worlds collide
artillery - welcome to the mind factory(also used in the song "jester")

Sabbath wrote some great riffs, no doubt, but that's my personal favorite.

I really don't think I could pick a favorite Sabbath riff. There are just so many mindblowingly good ones.

Electric Funeral, Hand of Doom, Fairies Wear Boots, Into the Void, Wheels of Confusion, Snowblind, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Children of the Sea, The Mob Rules, The Shining... all contain absolutely immortal, unforgettable riffs.

fucking

Demigod - REINCARNATION

FUCCCKK THERE IS NO WAY AROUND THAT SONG

WHAT A BEAST! THE RIFFS IN IT SLAY VIRGINS AND RAPE INNOCENTS!

I really don't think I could pick a favorite Sabbath riff. There are just so many mindblowingly good ones.

Electric Funeral, Hand of Doom, Fairies Wear Boots, Into the Void, Wheels of Confusion, Snowblind, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Children of the Sea, The Mob Rules, The Shining... all contain absolutely immortal, unforgettable riffs.
The great riffs are basically what made Sabbath. Most of those have enough power to almost drive the whole song on their own.