25 MOST IMPORTANT BANDS EVER

Décadent said:
To be perfectly honest, I can't fault the list.

If it'd be titled "25 most important bands to contemporary music", I'd say they hit the nail on the head, because that's what it is.

Though it's a given that, either way, Black Sabbath probably belong on there.

EXACTLY!!!

All those bands on that list have influenced hundreds and hundreds of bands..no matter how sucky or gay they are..they are still important!

Which has a more impact?

Creating a new subgenre (like we don't already have too many) with a different sound and have a few bands follow you?

Changing the sound of a major genre and influence thousands of people?

metal paddy said:
THIS TOUR WITH METALLICA WAS IN 91 AND THE TRASH METAL FANS HAD MOVED ON FROM METALLICA BY THEN BRUV :kickass: :kickass:
duckies117ql8rh.jpg
Old chum paddy, just because you found a funny picture it doesn't mean you have to post it at the end of EVERY ONE of your posts :kickass:

SheisMySin

tell me why a half of all GMD posts today is your arguing with somebody?...
and why the hell all your posts so fucking long?!

It was only a matter of time before the shit hit the fan. I have to agree that the list is pretty biased though.

>>>tell me why a half of all GMD posts today is your arguing with somebody?...and why the hell all your posts so fucking long?!

Don't read them then, Neurotica! I try to break my posts into segments so people can skip what they want, and read what they want. Sorry if I like talking/reading thoughts and ideas, and not just "THEY RULE!" posts

You know, typically in a discussion, more than one relevant point comes up. Crazy I know, huh?

Scott

Well its hard not to read when every second post on the thread is yours.
And hell yes - you speak more than any 10 females all together do.

Erik/Neurotica

Sorry, I guess I got carried away. I don't really have real life metal friends to talk with, so I come to a new site to discuss things, and next thing I know I'm getting slammed for liking this, or thinking that. Didn't really handle it as well I should. I'll tone it down.

Scott

Who "slammed" you for what you like? I haven't seen any of that. I've seen discrepency as to what exactly it is that you listen to, but nothing regarding the quality of your music taste. If that's true, though, that's pretty unfair.

Kerrang is dumb; the list is half-baked.

But that's not what's important.

What's important is that many of you fail at reading comprehension. And are retarded.

These are two of many reasons why heavy metal must never be allowed to take over the world.

Hammer of Might said:
It's not true. He's been slammed for spouting horribly ignorant comments about genres he clearly knows nothing about.

qft

He goes in to a discussion about death metal, says Suffocation and Morbid Angel sounds the same (wtf?) and says that they have immature lyrics and poor song structure. Then gets indignant when people call him on his grand and ignorant assumptions.

When I said MA and Suffocation sound the same, obviously I didn't mean 100% the same...but their both brutal death that use blastbeats all the time.

As a metal listener who enjoys death, I can find pleasure in two bands that sound similar, but I think it's a little unfair to put them both on a "most important list" and leave of some others like Faith No More or Progressive pioneers who had a bigger impact.

Scott

Faith No More is not primarily a Metal band, that's the main issue. But Morbid Angel and Suffocation are polar opposites when it comes to American Death Metal. Morbid Angel is the epitome of Floridian Death Metal, and Suffocation the epitome of New York Death Metal.

SheisMySin said:
>>>tell me why a half of all GMD posts today is your arguing with somebody?...and why the hell all your posts so fucking long?!

Don't read them then, Neurotica! I try to break my posts into segments so people can skip what they want, and read what they want. Sorry if I like talking/reading thoughts and ideas, and not just "THEY RULE!" posts

You know, typically in a discussion, more than one relevant point comes up. Crazy I know, huh?

Scott
2 problems with your posts.
USE QUOTE TAGS!!! See this?
some guy said:
This is a quote
USE THEM!
And
PLEASE STOP SIGNING SHIT
OK, now that I'm done bitching for petty reasons...
You are right. You use your posts to argue, and that's the style you argue in. You make your posts easy to read, and I, for one, appreciate it.
Rock on!

>>>Faith No More is not primarily a Metal band, that's the main issue.

You say that like it's a fact, when it's just not. Angeldust had quite a few metal songs, as did The Real Thing. There's a reason every other song asides from "Epic" was never played on MTV and the radio - mainstream would never accept it. Just because the song structure doesn't fit with thrash or speed or power does not take away from their validity of metal.

Besides, Mike Patton is one of the best metal vocalists ever. His death screams wipe the floor with most death singers in terms of pure emotion and aggression.

We could compromise and say some songs were metal, and some weren't...but I'm not going to take away their validity just because they didn't stay in a rut like most bands.

>>>But Morbid Angel and Suffocation are polar opposites when it comes to American Death Metal. Morbid Angel is the epitome of Floridian Death Metal, and Suffocation the epitome of New York Death Metal.

If you're going to divide death metal by states...then I'm quite sure you could find SOME description for Faith No More. :p

Scott

>>>2 problems with your posts. USE QUOTE TAGS!!! See this?

Dude, I was posting on forums and the net before they even invented quote buttons...so for years I did it this way. It's still easier and faster, and obviously everyone can see what is and isn't mine. Just habit.

Scott

Faith No More: alt-metal, or alternative rock with metal influences... Kinda like Tool.

Great band, though!

fugazi is far and away the best band on this list as well as one of the most influential :I