25 MOST IMPORTANT BANDS EVER

I can think of morbid angel songs without blastbeasts. I hate when people say stupid things as in a band just has blast beats non stop or whatever. who are you kidding

Morbid Angel has so much depth for a death metal band.

Death has nothing on morbid angel either. Chuck can't hold a candle to Trey to begin with.

~Neurotica said:
hhmmm... speaking about punk - I think Offspring would be better...

Way the fuck better.

Man, I bet they had to figure out if they were going to put ABBA in or not. :zombie: what the fuck, seriously...

no... ABBA is too brutal for that list... might to traumatize someones psyche...

metal paddy said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1981-2006, according to Kerrang!

24 - Rage Against The Machine
22 - Marilyn Manson
20 - Slipknot
15 - Nine Inch Nails
14 - Blink 182
12 - Korn
2 - Guns N Roses

:lol:

^^^You're OVERKILL album in the sig needs to be replaced with "Taking Over," as it is technically one thousand times better, faster and more powerful.:kickass: :Smokin:

byrne said:
guns n roses rule you noob

Yeah but how the fuck can they be #2?

I can name like 10 bands that have been more influencial/popular/important...

Imp! said:
Yeah but how the fuck can they be #2?

I can name like 10 bands that have been more influencial/popular/important...

Easily, by recording 3 of the greatest hard rock albums ever made and selling millions upon millions of units.

Thoth-Amon said:
Easily, by recording 3 of the greatest hard rock albums ever made and selling millions upon millions of units.

Judas Priest?
Iron Maiden?
Metallica?
AC/DC?
Deep Purple?
DIO?
Van Halen?
Led Zep?

BTW, since when has number of units sold really meant anything anyway?

[Edit] Yeah, just looked at the list, Maiden's up higher, figured it'd be Sabbath... Then I read from 81 onward...WTF?! How can it be the most influential ever if it only goes back a certain ways? Why stop at '81? Fuck this thing deserves to be slapped up...

Guns and Roses aren't even Metal! >=(

edit: Oh and the Greys I agree with you that Morbid Angel is better than Death, in some respects.

SheisMySin said:
>>>But Morbid Angel and Suffocation are polar opposites when it comes to American Death Metal. Morbid Angel is the epitome of Floridian Death Metal, and Suffocation the epitome of New York Death Metal.

If you're going to divide death metal by states...then I'm quite sure you could find SOME description for Faith No More. :p

Scott

You obviously know nothing about Death Metal. Florida and New York DM are very different styles. I could see saying Immolation and Suffocation sound similar as they are both NYDM, but not Morbid Angel and Suffocation. Also I agree with ender, there are quote tags for a reason, use them.

Immolation and Suffocation actually sound nothing alike for both being NYDM. NYDM usually sounds the same or has specific traits but immolation has defied that standing alone.

Immolation probably sounds so different from the scene because they formed so early compared to bands like suffocation,morphues descends,internal bleeding,baphomet from NY.