i question how it's possible to safely take drugs one buys on the "street". i smoked alot of weed in my day but that was long before i was an RN. i don't remember ever giving a shit about what i was inhaling or where it came from. do you guys ever think about that? just curious. i almost died from an ambien a couple weeks ago. i don't trust anything. yeah yeah yeah, no one has ever died from weed but how do you know there's not some other shit in there? man, i sound like a dad or something. i'll stop now. good luck with your drug usage.

The term 420 orginated at San Rafael high school, in 1971, among a group of a dozen Cannabis smokers who called themselves The Waldos, it was a code for the time of day they would go get high at the statue on the school grounds. in the words of Bill Hicks, I smoke. If it bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your fuckin' mouth.

dorian gray said:
i question how it's possible to safely take drugs one buys on the "street". i smoked alot of weed in my day but that was long before i was an RN. i don't remember ever giving a shit about what i was inhaling or where it came from. do you guys ever think about that? just curious. i almost died from an ambien a couple weeks ago. i don't trust anything. yeah yeah yeah, no one has ever died from weed but how do you know there's not some other shit in there? man, i sound like a dad or something. i'll stop now. good luck with your drug usage.

Worst thing i heard is people piss on their weed to make it weight more :confused: or spray pesticides

I get mine from a guy i know that grows his own so im safe

420247365 :Smokedev:
big_field.jpg

Home is where the heart is

RookParliament said:
If all you people can do is insult each other rather than offer up decent arguments then perhaps the subject should be dropped?

People certainly have a right not to be around something that is harmful to them. I'm not stupid enough (not yet anyway according to Botfly) to claim pots harmless. This is why I fully support a ban on smoking in public places as has been put in place, or tried to anyway, in some cities in the US. What I do I do in private or with like-minded people. To many extreme views here that want to put their own views upon other people. Have some fucking respect. Some people don't want the shit I smoke in their lives, and some people, such as myself, want to have the right to be free in my own home to inhale any dangerous chemical (pot, bleach, your mother) that I wish. Their is a middle ground. Obviously however none of you seem to agree. So lets talk about something with a definite answer. Such as how free market capitalism is the best economic system ever devised. :D

Good words Rook. Since I am majoring in Chemistry, and a smoker, I feel like I know more than most of you about this subject. All you losers who think pot is so harmful, are misinformed, and probably proud DARE graduates. If you are concerned about harmful substances, then you should stop eating and start smoking pot, because most chemicals and additives in our foods are far more unhealthy than pot. Take Caffine for instance; it is 100x more addictive and tolling on your body. The most harmful thing about pot is the smoke you inhale, other than that, it's safe from a chemical standpoint. So if you use it wisely, it can be a very positive thing.

Whoever mentions crack, or heroine, in a thread called 420, is comparing two completely different things.

Crimson: you speak like you are about 12 years old. Are you?

People need to start accepting weed into our society. They don't have to try it, but they need to stop being close-minded retards.

THINK FOR YOURSELF, QUESTION AUTHORITY! -M J Keenan

R0l0 said:
Care to point out some of the positives?

Your post was pretty decent until you quoted Keenan :err:

A positive effect I've noticed in a few friends of mine is that it has helped them overcome their social anxiety disorder. The would get high, and more relaxed about certain situations, and would end up making good conversation and new friends when they would have kept silent otherwise. Now they feel better about themselves even when they are not high.

Another: It helps headaches, belly aches, stiffness, etc.

Another: It can enhance certain things like viewning movies, listening to music, having dinner with your parents, etc.

Another: Opeth + pot = bliss

Another: The high itself, which is difficult to explain to anyone who hasn't used it.

Another: People are never violent or angry under its influence. (excluding people who's IQs are below 60).

I can keep going if you desire.

Don't diss Maynard too hard, he does have some good things to say, and at least he has passion about it.

Caesar Metallius said:
Good words Rook. Since I am majoring in Chemistry, and a smoker, I feel like I know more than most of you about this subject. All you losers who think pot is so harmful, are misinformed, and probably proud DARE graduates.
you'd think so but you'd be wrong. the area of expertise here would be *bio*chemistry. as the resident BSN here, i think i'll claim to know more. with four years of education including pharmacology, biochemistry, organic chemistry, anatomy and physiology, et al, and four years of critical care nursing experience (not to mention years of smoking weed) i know a little something about drugs and the psychology of the drug user. but, i'm pretty certain you know more from a personal standpoint since you currently use the stuff. maybe we can sort it out over a duel?

Caesar Metallius said:
A positive effect.........
i agree with most of what you said here but i see an issue: these "ailments" can be alleviated by other means. an obvious one to me would be to make an appointment with a physician. there are safe and effective treatments for the stuff you mentioned. perhaps seeing a psychologist would help with the social anxiety disorder?

on top of that, you might want to weigh the risk of purchasing and using an illegal substance. as you probably know, police officers and judges don't really give a shit if it *should* be illegal or not. it would be a blow to your career as a chemist to have a criminal record. personally, i don't give a shit what you do, I just don't see how it's worth it from any perspective. as long as weed's illegal, it's a waste to use it. if you need a high or whatever, go play some sports or something. there's *always* a less invasive treatment.

See Cannabis is very much like Wine, there are many different varities and with all the cross breeding being done today their is infinite strains. i consider myself a connoissuer of Cannabis, i think the whole process of sprouting watching it grow, drying and curing it is amazing. then you get into the world of Trichomes which are the Glandular glands on the plant that produce the psychoactive ingrediant THC and CBD i've been recently taking Marco shots of these things its like a whole differnt world its pretty amazing. Cannabis * the fiber plant hemp is a great thing it has many uses for us human beings like food,medical,fuels, clothing and so on.

dorian gray said:
= maybe we can sort it out over a duel?

I agree that the fact that it is illegal makes its appeal less to me, and the resulting risks might be more than they are worth. However, it all boils down to one's morals and what they think is important. Personally, I find my own desires more important than the desires (or commands) of the government. We don't have long enough to live, and I choose to live the way I feel is right, and I won't be kept down, I won't give in. I am not hurting anyone by breaking this law, and I am not hurting myself, (and my opinion takes precedence on my own condition). Thus, the result is I feel good that I do what I think is right and I don't let the influence of ignorance control my life.

You make good points Dorian, but life shouldn't be lived under complete oppression of the christian majority.

Looking for a Job said:
that's how i feel about stealing music :Spin:

I see your point, but what I do does not hurt or take away from anyone. Smoking affects me, and me only. (I do my best to let it not affect those around me). Stealing affects others like Opeth, and therefore should be kept to minimum, if done at all.

Spawnof84 said:
See Cannabis is very much like Wine, there are many different varities and with all the cross breeding being done today their is infinite strains. i consider myself a connoissuer of Cannabis, i think the whole process of sprouting watching it grow, drying and curing it is amazing. then you get into the world of Trichomes which are the Glandular glands on the plant that produce the psychoactive ingrediant THC and CBD i've been recently taking Marco shots of these things its like a whole differnt world its pretty amazing. Cannabis * the fiber plant hemp is a great thing it has many uses for us human beings like food,medical,fuels, clothing and so on.

I love to hear things like that! Cannibis is like wine, or cheese, or anything worth tasting for pleasure! Ohh the dank nugz....