4x12" V30 Marhall vs. Mesa Boogie

Yeah...I've seen "oversized" mesa cabs too...heard they have even "moore" low-end too, but seems to get muddy when doing fast riffs ala Fear Factory, Meshuggah.

I've also heard that the high-end on regular mesa V30 4x12" cabs differ from Marshalls too?

Yeah...I've seen "oversized" mesa cabs too...heard they have even "moore" low-end too, but seems to get muddy when doing fast riffs ala Fear Factory, Meshuggah.

I've also heard that the high-end on regular mesa V30 4x12" cabs differ from Marshalls too?

Meshuggah fast?:err:

^sure. Not really fast as in shreding, but you need the amp to react quickly since the riffs are so stop and go. (regarding Meshuggah)

They're both very unique. I think it depends on which head you're using it with. If you're using it on a quite a few, I suppose it just comes down to personal prefrence. I like Mesa's personally.

Well if you're talking fear factory, I believe he uses 2x12s for that tightness you're talking about. I know I do :)

Anywayz, can the oversized mesa get moore muddy in the low-end then the regular mesa?

just ordred a Mesa 4x12 rectifier v30 w\diamondplates today! Have had wet dreams about that cab for a looong time and finaly I have the money! Will be using it with my 5150 2! Looove Mesa and Peavey! I will try to make a impulse when its arrived!

depneds on everytihing else in the chain really.
boogie oversized sound awesomelive and in front of them,
but ive personally found them a little flabby in the low end for my taste
just my two cents though
save money
buy an orange cab
trust me
they destroy.... everything

i find the marshall cabs are generally a bit brighter and tighter sounding, but not as thick as the mesa cabs

the mesa cabs to my ears tend to have slightly better projection as well, they're also built better

i prefer the traditional sized mesa 4x12 v.s the oversized recto cab

i'd take a splawn over either tho

just ordred a Mesa 4x12 rectifier v30 w\diamondplates today! Have had wet dreams about that cab for a looong time and finaly I have the money! Will be using it with my 5150 2! Looove Mesa and Peavey! I will try to make a impulse when its arrived!

how much did that cost?

i know they're around $1400 usd (about $1064 euros) over here, cool cabs but WAAAY more than i'd pay for one...and they wiegh a freaking ton!!!

Just saw on the mesa boogie website that -all- rectifier 4x12 cabs are oversized, so wich ones are the regular ones.... Stilleto? Coulden't fine any other models with closed backs...

Just saw on the mesa boogie website that -all- rectifier 4x12 cabs are oversized, so wich ones are the regular ones.... Stilleto? Coulden't fine any other models with closed backs...

I had this same question when looking at the Mesa site before buying my cab. The "Traditional" size is the same size as the Stiletto's measurements as far as I know. The sticker on the front of mine says "Traditional Rectifier" and it definitely is the smaller of the two recto cab's, with the "Standard" one being the oversized one. :loco: The PDF makes no reference to 2 different sized recto cab's (from memory, it's lost somewhere on my drives so I can't find it to re-read it).

I have the mesa std oversize cab and the sound is awesome, I love it when I play metal and also when I play rock stuff with my strato...