4x12" V30 Marhall vs. Mesa Boogie

A more important question is WHICH marshall 4x12 cabinet?! That 1960's tweed cabinet is the best 4x12 cabinet I've ever heard. Low end is beautiful and the mids are as smooth as butter. Oversized Mesas are no good but guitar players love 'em. They think it's heavy when they play a power chord and they can feel it on the ground. Too much low end. The traditional cabs are pretty sweet but Marshall vintage tweed owns your life. I also agree that Orange ANYTHING is beautiful.

i assumed he was asking about current production marshall cabs, i was referring to the 1960 series in particular

there's a few v30 cabs out there that sound amazing. Hughes and Kettner, Orange(owns!), splawn, framus, mesa std + traditional and good ol' marshall 1960AV.

personally it boils down to taste, the hughes and kettner cab i find is smoother than the marshalls with the same low end response. The Framus is a bit more toppy and the orange is just a brute.

ive also played that ibanez thermion cab. Thats also a NICE cab. VERY tight.

I went to the local guitar store and they actually had both regular sized and oversized rectifier cabs in. I think the regular sized rectro cabs and out of production and have been replaced with the Stiletto cabs wich are identical but with another name.

The regular cabs are suposed to have moore pronounced mids with is good with mesa IMO.

Also, the tone controlls makes alot more "sense" with my rectifier into recto cab vs rectifier into marshall v30.