500 series comp

RevoltStudios

Aug 2, 2009
So I finally have my full console for mixing and have a full rack of outboard comps and eq's but now I'm looking into 500 series. Can anybody recommend a good not expensive comp and buss comp for the 500 series? Lindell 7x looks very promising. Buss I'm not sure. Had the CL7720 in mind but I'm iffy plus it isn't 500 series. Currently to be housed in a Lindell 506.

nothing much that's affordanle in the 500 series for an 'SSL' inspired buss compressor.

I own a 7720 and if you are thinking of getting one for 2buss use, GET IT MODDED by ZenProAudio!

Stock, the 7720 is great on drums but is disappointing as a 2BUSS comp. Duende and VBC are better, IMO.

The 7x is the best 1176 module you can get for $300 (!) and sounds quite cool. not quite as magical as the real deal 2RU 1176 but similar character and expression...

I'm STILL looking for an affordable buss comp. I want to either mod our 7720 or wait until I can afford an Alan Smart C1 or Dual Vandergraph!

you might want to check into the IGS S-type it's only like $699 or if you have a little bigger budget there's serpent audio/dramastic obsidian-(I have the rack version and really like it) and alan smart just released a 500 series module too