The Falco Comp Series

56080046-falco-grab.jpg

classical compilations never really work, they're inherently naff and misleading.

if you don't disagree why did you ask if there was going to be one

also I said the same thing but you only submitted a post of agreeance once he'd posted you're a dick mate

Int said:
if you don't disagree why did you ask if there was going to be one

i agree with context being required in my experience for classical to be especially moving, but i figured there might be some movements that worked as single tracks enough just to gain my interest. apparently not. i prob shouldve said "im not surprised" rather than "i dont disagree". but shut up.

i question whether for stuff on the other comps context isn't also a necessity btw (though i acknowledge that the nature of classical makes it most context-dependent in general)

also I said the same thing but you only submitted a post of agreeance once he'd posted you're a dick mate

:lol: shut the fuck up

Falco - The Death Metal Comp Vol III

Tracks:

1. Arghoslent - "Transpolar Combat" (Galloping Through the Battleruins)
2. Brutality - "Crushed" (Screams of Anguish)
3. Disaffected - "And Flesh Will Be My Bride" (Vast)
4. Divine Eve - "As the Angels Weep" (As the Angels Weep)
5. From the Depths - "Autumn Colored Day" (From the Depths)
6. Funebre - "Walls That Held Screams" (Children of the Scorn)
7. Lemming Project - "Leadership" (Hate and Despise)
8. Magus - "Debauchery" (Ruminations of Debauchery)
9. Maleficarum - "Unfolded Dimensions" (Unfolded Dimensions)
10. Shub-Niggurath - "Abominations of Ancient Gods" (The Kinglike Celebration)
11. Thou Shalt Suffer - "Obscurity Supreme" (Into the Woods of Belial)

Europa Ascendent said:
Bjork was supposed to revolutionize pop music at one point, it's why everyone went out and signed electropop bands in the mid-90s. The problem was that Bjork was A.) unique (and thus hard to counterfeit) and B.) relied on a level of complexity that wasn't really sustainable as a mainstream movement.

Bjork rules mang. Army of Me is majestic.

Falco - The Black Metal Comp Vol. III

This is mostly lesser known material, some great, some possibly only appealing to me, but worth at least a listen or two.

Tracks:

1. Elite - "Fanget i Vrede" (Kampen)

2. Fullmoon - "The Wolfish Initiation" (United Aryan Evil)

3. Kampfar - "Norse" (Fra underverdenen)

4. Lugubrum - "Embracing the Moonlit Snowclouds" (Winterstones)

5. Midvinter - "Dreamslave" (At the Sight of the Apocalypse Dragon)

6. Sammath - "Strijd" (Strijd)

7. Storm - "Noregsgard" (Nordavind)

8. Striborg - "Misanthropic Isolation" (Misanthropic Isolation)

9. Temnozor - "Horizons of Spring" (Horizons...)

10. Thor's Hammer - "Don't Let Your Folk Forget" (Fidelity Shall Triumph)

11. Veles - "My Bloodthirst (The Horrorstorm)" (Night on the Bare Mountain)

12. Volkurah - "Innocence, Crucified and Set Aflame" (The Pagan Ritual)

Falco - The Random Metal Comp Vol. II

Most of this is very good to excellent, one or two tracks are included (Red Tide and Arckanum) simply because they will probably appeal to die hard fans of the styles they represent, and are nearly impossible to find. Enjoy.

Tracks:

1. Anacrusis - "Twisted Cross" from Suffering Hour (progressive speed metal)

2. Arckamum - "Kununger Af þæn Diupeste Natur" from Fran Marder (black metal)

3. Blood Feast - "Turn to Dust" from Chopping Block Blues (speed metal)

4. Desultory - "Asleep" from Into Eternity (Sunlight Style death metal)

5. Exterminator - "Opaque Ordeal" from Forgotten Souls (death metal, similar to mid-period Bolt Thrower)

6. Havohej - "Once Removed Savior" from Dethrone the Son of God (feral black metal)

7. Malediction - "Doctrines of Eternal Circles" from Chronicles of Dissention (melodic UK death metal, like a less sophisticated Demigod)

8. Manilla Road - "Dreams of Eschaton/Epilogue" from Crystal Logic (epic progressive heavy metal)

9. Phlebotomized - "Dubbed Forswearer" from Immense, Intense, Suspense (esoteric melodic death metal)

10. Red Tide - "Numbered Emotions" from Themes of Cosmic Consciousness (speed/death/technical hardcore hybrid)

11. Rottrevore - "Dismal Fate" from Iniquitous (doomy, gutteral death metal, like a less realized version of second album Incantation)

12. San Antonio Slayer - "The Witch Must Burn" from Go For the Throat (like, surprise! a more literate and complex version of early Slayer...with metal falsetto vocals)

13. Sacramentum - "Travel With the Northern Winds" from Finis Malorum (black metal, with more death metal compostional techniques and heavy metal references than their classic debut LP)

14. The 3rd and the Mortal - "Death-Hymn" (neoclassical doom metal with strong folk elements and haunting female lead vocals)

15. Torturer - "Back to Reality" from Oppressed by the Force (wildly violent speed metal)