5150 and Krank Revolution blended

MetalSound

Nov 14, 2006
Just did a production where I tried to blend the 5150 with the Revolution Series One.
I recorded the 5150 the "normal" way and later reamped the signal with the software tube screamer into the Krank. Then I blended in the Krank signal just a little. It sounded fine.
I just had to struggle with phasing so I moved the Krank signal a little bit until it "fitted".

Here is the result:
5150 with Krank

guitars could use a little bit more air, they sound a little muffled. i would also recommend auto tune, which i hate to say cause he's not a bad singer (not my favorite style though). but there are a few noticeable flat notes here and there.

Sounds like Engl Powerball.
Haha! So now we know how Engl made them...:lol:

I was just experimenting with reamping the same signal and running two amps for one performance. I found it quite interesting cause it isn´t the "typical" modern metalcore sound.

The voice is already autotuned....:erk:
He is definetely more convincing in screams and growls than in singing notes.:heh:

I guess I just have to deal with the graphical mode in autotune. I only use the auto mode because it´s faster and time is money. :)

Maybe I´ll check out melodyne some time.

I think the guitars need to be eq'd to sound bigger and brighter. Too dark. I like the voice just sounds a little too dry in the mix. Seems like it is not part of the song. I think the voice is good and with different fx, eq it would sit better. The singer's tunage is not bugging me just the fact that the singing doesnt sit in the mix to my ears. Otherwise really good!

with different fx, eq it would sit better.
I think you are right. Maybe I´ll take out some high mids so it´s fitting more into the mix. But they wanted the vocals as loud like that...:erk:

Maybe I´ll even brighten up the guitars a little bit when I find the time. Thanks for your input!:headbang:

2nd one sounds a lot better!! Try lowering the vocal just a lil bit more so that it sits in mix better? Also make the song a bit bigger still (not sure how maybe bass and kick need to punch more through?), I think this a great song!

Edit ooops i just saw you have to keep the vocals that loud! maybe throw an fx doubler on there as well?