So I´m finally on the Krank side

MetalSound

Nov 14, 2006
I just got an endorsement deal with Krank and received the "old" Revolution Series One yesterday.
It blew me away completely. :kickass: I made some comparisons with different mics and positions.
Here they are:

SM 57

MD 421

RE 20 and SM 57 "Fredman style"

MD 421 and SM 57 pointing both towards same speaker on axis

It was the first time I used the free software tube screamer with volume raised maximum and gain and tone at 0.
Guitar was my Schecter Hellraiser with EMG 81.

And the settings (sorry for the bad quailty-I don´t have a good camera.
Kranktest2.jpg

Kranktest.jpg

Will listen when I get home - but how did you use the software TS with a real amp? Did you reamp and put the TS on the output DI signal?

i own a Rev1. these amps really are awesome. recently i got mine re-tubed (Chinese 12AX7's and JJ 6L6's). the amp tech said he had never seen one, so he played it for a little while. his first comment about the amp to me was, 'I cannot believe that such a high gain amp has such a pretty clean channel!' Blew me away too, honestly. and, obviously, the Krank channel sounds killer.

Yeah man, I love the cleans on these things! To be perfectly honest I have a hard time liking tube amp cleans in general for some reason (exception being old Fender, Vox and Marshall amps), but the Krank cleans are great.

~006

Yeah man, I love the cleans on these things! To be perfectly honest I have a hard time liking tube amp cleans in general for some reason (exception being old Fender, Vox and Marshall amps), but the Krank cleans are great.

~006

You're more into solid-state cleans Mike? I don't know of any other SS amps famous for their cleans other than the JC120...

but how did you use the software TS with a real amp? Did you reamp and put the TS on the output DI signal?

Yes, that´s exactly what I did.

You just asked and you get it?? special price? how special?? haha

Well, you have to give them something in return. It´s not that I just sit at home playing guitar and wanting Krank to give me an amp for free. :heh:
I got it for a very special price but I don´t think it would be very nice to tell everybody how special. :erk:

I dunno I've just always not liked tube cleans... can't really explain it but at least I have always had better sounds from Line6 (XTL and GearBox) and also ReValver now. The exception being this Valve Jr. I bought a few weeks ago which has great tube cleans that I'm really happy with. Other than vintage amps like Fender Bassman, Deluxe, etc. and the old Marshall JTM and SuperBass, Vox AC30, etc. you know...the usual bunch, I've just never been happy with any modern tube amp cleans other than the Krank stuff. Then again, I've not tried to get clean sounds nearly as much with modern amps...mostly the vintage stuff so that may be it too, maybe just need to spend more time with modern amps or something.

~006

Those clips do sound really good. I have not had a chance to play any of Kranks amps yet. I think I might go down to this shop that has a Rev Jr tommorow to try it out.

are you endorsed for playing in a band or for recording?
Maybe a bit of both...I don´t know....haven´t asked. :)
And I´m looking very forward to the vox recording, GuitarGodgt! But I´m very busy myself right now. So better do it well than do it quickly.

Sounds great. I've never had the chance to try a Krank out but I was wondering if they are good at low levels or do they NEED to be KRANKED?