5150 + Palmer clips

Hey DSS3,

When using the Palmer are you going in straight from the speaker output of the 5150? I'm curious, do you have the attenuator set to 30db? Are you using the lead channel on the 5150 boosted?

What impulses are you using now?

5150 speaker out-> Palmer -> loadbox. I think I was using the 15db attenuator. Lead channel on the 5150, OD808 infront.

Impulses were FRED45-1 and my Mesa 4x12 SM57 pres 8 (2 of each) on the first, and all Sneap Edge on the second.

I definitely like it better than the stock one, that's for sure. What'd you do to it?

That said, I sold the Palmer 2 weeks ago. Just couldn't get into it, and needed to fund another guitar.

I'm going to be buying Revalver as soon as it comes out, though... that thing is going to kick way more ass than impulses, I have a feeling.

I definitely like it better than the stock one, that's for sure. What'd you do to it?

That said, I sold the Palmer 2 weeks ago. Just couldn't get into it, and needed to fund another guitar.

I'm going to be buying Revalver as soon as it comes out, though... that thing is going to kick way more ass than impulses, I have a feeling.[/QUOTE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just messed with a 30 band eq dont remember what bands i cut and boosted
it took some time and used magneto on the mix also...i ordered the palmer pga 04 so im waiting for that to come... i think revalver is the best sim out there for high gain sounds but theirs something cool about the palmer and a tube amp that i love with proper eq. Its not the same as a mic'ed cab but its very close to me just my thoughts.