60 14-year old pupils had to listen to "The Moor" today

Hmm. I think that UM should start a retirement home for people like us so that when we get old, we can live together and listen to some fucking metal. \m/

Metalmaster said:
I'm a music teacher, so today I decided we were going to learn about respecting each other's musical tastes. So they had to endure the full length of "The Moor" :).
Surprisingly, many of them thought it was pretty cool, though most of them didn't understand why the vocalist was growling. They did not see the point.
I explained it is another form of art, and that I didn't understand why rappers had to talk. Heh.
It was funny to watch their faces while they listened, it was priceless.

METAL FOREVER.
Good Job! :metal:

I worked as a substitute teacher in an elementary school for a year. You know these morning sessions when you start the day with a crappy poem or something... anyway when I teached fifth graders I used to play Meshuggah, Opeth, Death and of course Farmakon etc. instead of the poems. They usually asked me to bring some music and many of them listened for example COB. Anyway. They liked it... :D

That's great.

I always thought about becoming a music teacher for that soul pourpose. The growl at the beginning must have made some of them shit themselves. :D

You should have made them listen to Still Life as a whole, though. Opeth's best work, in my opinion. :) Either way, great idea.

Metalmaster said:
I'm a music teacher, so today I decided we were going to learn about respecting each other's musical tastes. So they had to endure the full length of "The Moor" :).
Surprisingly, many of them thought it was pretty cool, though most of them didn't understand why the vocalist was growling. They did not see the point.
I explained it is another form of art, and that I didn't understand why rappers had to talk. Heh.
It was funny to watch their faces while they listened, it was priceless.

METAL FOREVER.

Awesome!

My music teacher even told me to get my hair cut some time ago, although I'm just beginning with making it grow longer 0_o He's quite a funny person though, and a talented musician, but he's ignorant too.
It's good to hear that there are some music teachers in this world wo are more open-minded and teach their students some really helpful things for life. :) Keep up the good work!

It's good to hear that there are some music teachers in this world wo are more open-minded and teach their students some really helpful things for life.

I don't know about that - I'm pretty metalized :p

Norway's education system must be in trouble with classes of 60 students...

I give the same lessons separately to 15 at a time (which means I played The Moor four times over)

UPDATE:

One of my male pupils bought "Damnation" yesterday, but was a little dissapointed that it was a calm album hehehe.

One of my female pupils asked me today to borrow 'Still Life'.

I also teach English by the way, and currently I'm teaching some of the pupils to play roleplaying games. I also arrange Magic:The Gathering tournaments at school as well as help them out playing in bands. My collegues think I'm a bit crazy in the coconut, I think.

Do you play them home movies of you having sex as well, when you're standing in for the biology teacher?

Metalmaster said:
I don't know about that - I'm pretty metalized :p

I give the same lessons separately to 15 at a time (which means I played The Moor four times over)

UPDATE:

One of my male pupils bought "Damnation" yesterday, but was a little dissapointed that it was a calm album hehehe.

One of my female pupils asked me today to borrow 'Still Life'.

I also teach English by the way, and currently I'm teaching some of the pupils to play roleplaying games. I also arrange Magic:The Gathering tournaments at school as well as help them out playing in bands. My collegues think I'm a bit crazy in the coconut, I think.

I used to play MTG all the time. Then I ran out of money. Anyways, are you going to play any other Opeth, or metal in general in the class?