6505 vs. 6505+

Yeah I'm looking at those too.
Either a vintage modern, a jcm800 or a moded plexi, something like that.

The band Strung Out use a 5150 and it sounds freaking heavy, not good for blink 182 kindda stuff though.

Another strung out fan huzzah!!
although ill be honest i think their albums have gotton progressively worse since element of sonic defiance; but hey!
Jake used to use a rectifier with el34s and a greenback cab i believe; and rob was 5150. and sometimes jcm 800 i believe.

Another strung out fan huzzah!!
although ill be honest i think their albums have gotton progressively worse since element of sonic defiance; but hey!
Jake used to use a rectifier with el34s and a greenback cab i believe; and rob was 5150. and sometimes jcm 800 i believe.

Twisted by design has one really nice tone to it!
Anyway, I found a marshall jubilee with matching cab and I bought it, it sounds great, not like a 5150 at all but I really like it.

I could always get a used 5150 at some point, they're not too expansive anyway.

jubilee?
NIIIIIIIICE
thatd do it! instant Snuff tone!

Yeah I just need to get some better tubes in it (the one in there are getting noisy), I'll do that today, it looks awesome too!

I got it at a very good price too, 2100$ CAD for the 50watt half stack.
I'm pretty happy ;)

The Jubilee is a variant of the JCM900, right? Is it one of the 900's with lots of diodes that people don't like, or is it considered a good one?

NONONONONO!!!!
the jubilee is from around the 800 period but apparently quite a different circuit. its a GREAT amp
Its the slash amp

Hmm, just scoured some ebay listings and got the lowdown (sellers of these collector's items always give a history lesson in their item descriptions :D); apparently it is based on the 2203/2204 (meaning JMP/JCM800 I guess) and was called the Silver Jubilee only during 1987 when it was introduced (to commemorate ol' Jimmy's 50 years playing music/25 years in the amp biz, hence the model # 2555, though why it wasn't 2550 escapes me...), and after 1987, the special models were added into the existing JCM 800 line-up as the Custom Series (although they were sold in the traditional black vinyl). The model numbers for these amps were prefixed by a "JS" (Jubilee Series) after 1987, seems like they still have the 2555 model # though.

For anyone else that's curious, here's a Silver Jubilee, and here's a standard 2555 (check out those transformers, pretty hefty looking!)

my word people are taking the piss with prices!!
My other guitarist has one of the silver jubilee cabs - or MARSHA as its now become; 5 years of gigging and no case = fucked tolex and missing letters. think he paid like £100 for it.

Hmm, just scoured some ebay listings and got the lowdown (sellers of these collector's items always give a history lesson in their item descriptions :D); apparently it is based on the 2203/2204 (meaning JMP/JCM800 I guess) and was called the Silver Jubilee only during 1987 when it was introduced (to commemorate ol' Jimmy's 50 years playing music/25 years in the amp biz, hence the model # 2555, though why it wasn't 2550 escapes me...), and after 1987, the special models were added into the existing JCM 800 line-up as the Custom Series (although they were sold in the traditional black vinyl). The model numbers for these amps were prefixed by a "JS" (Jubilee Series) after 1987, seems like they still have the 2555 model # though.

For anyone else that's curious, here's a Silver Jubilee, and here's a standard 2555 (check out those transformers, pretty hefty looking!)

yeah you've got it, that's it.

It's not a super loud amp, quieter than my marshall MKII bass 50 watt from 1977 but it sounds really nice.
It's a little bit like a JCM800 but better imo and with more gain.

If you have a pod with the metal expansion pack, you can set a JCM800 through a marshall cab with V30s with every knobs at 12 oclock and do the same with the jubilee (called brit silver), it gives an idea of how it sounds.