6505+

MurderForProfit

Obscene
Apr 13, 2007
I tried one out and it was really crisp... it was playing with the 6505 cab loaded with 4 - 12" Sheffield 1200's and it really got my attention... im thinking about replacing the speakers with somethign a little more punchy... i asked someone at a local music store and he suggested these for metal
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ElectroVoice-EVM12L-Black-Label-12-Inch-Speaker?sku=302002
... if anyone knows about these let me know what you think and if you have any other suggestions... the price scares me but if its worth it..I own a madison omen head and i think the 6505 cab would play great...

$250 for 1 speak?! That seems like an awful lot of money. I've never heard them so I can't say if it's worth it for sure. But I've always been a fan of V30s no matter what cab. You could try that head on a cab with V30s (Marshall Vintage series and Mesa cabs have V30s I think. A lot of places have those.)

i really like the krank krankenstein witht he texas eminence drivers... they sound so good... have you tried them?