7 string trem spring question

rickfugue

May 26, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I have a Dean RC7X. 25.5" scale. I have experimented with string gauges on
it now for ever and still have not found what I am looking for. I know how to set up guitars as far as neck relief, string height, and pickup height. I also have checked all of the frets and they are acceptably leveled. From the factory it came with the standard D'Addario .009-.054. They were even gracious enough
to send me the factory specifications which was 2.5mm on bass side and 1.8mm
on the treble side for string height. I tune anywhere from B standard to A standard with it and can not find an agreeable string set, even with hybrid handpicked sets. Shit gets expensive. Right now I like the feel of .064 for the 7
and a .010-.052 set for the rest but I still have way too much fret buzz on the bass side. Ultimately I want low action with thinner strings. I like the bass side to be tight but bendable. My right hand attack is moderate. To get to the point though I have 3 springs on the Floyd and was wondering what the consensus was of me putting another one in. Will
it affect the tone negatively? Will I have to drop my gauge? Will my tremolo
bar respond much worse? Will it be dangerous for the neck? I read all of these string gauge preferences from other guitarists with 7 strings and I
feel like I am missing something. Maybe I play way harder than I think I do
but to me on the B, anything from .054-.062 sounds/responds like crap to me.
I play lead and rhythm and am a pretty dynamic player so of course I need
the best of both worlds. :p. Extra spring help or hurt?