7 strings of dogcheese

Just rehashing this cause its probably one of the better conversations we have had on the board ;)

Some of you know why is this here some of you don't ;)

We?

The tone on DHIADW owns. If you could somehow apply the insane riffage on PoE, the production, complexities and song writing of Dreaming Neon Black, and the guitar tone of DHIADW, then you would have an album that rivals Rust in Peace (which is imo the best album EVER...followed closely by DNB).

I say go for the 7 string. DHIADW proves that excellent music can be played on the 7.

L8r, and good luck,
DavE

Who was this genius!?

Nevermore are simply the best band, ever. That's why we're all here. The pandering to opposite opinions is all a show.

There's way too much 7 string lynching action around here. Did you all forget the river dragon has come? Cashmere Shiv? Of course put on the fucking seven string!

Nevermore probably play the best music since Bach. And Bach was the motherfucking Jesus of music. The 7string guitar is little more than an overclocked 6string one. It doesn't necessarily have to sound different, but it has a lot more possibilities and - in some cases - versatility.

On that same note, I believe these people would make the same balltingling music using little more than a bottle of whiskey and a harmonica.

On that same note, I believe these people would make the same balltingling music using little more than a bottle of whiskey and a harmonica.

Hey, Mercenary gets by quite nicely with barebones instrumentation and lots of booze.

I'm sure Nevermore could do it, too! I'd actually kind of like to hear that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want a big fuckin house in the forest and 10 million dollars in my bank account and 10 of the finest members of the Swedish Bikini team living with me, but I can at least accept that fact that will probably never happen ;)