70000 tons of metal 2012 cruise

dtfanatic

Jul 22, 2004
None of these bands would get me to go again, but there's still 33 to go.

www.70000tons.com

The wait is over! 70000TONS OF METAL, The World's Biggest Floating Heavy Metal Festival welcomes the first 7 out of 40 scheduled bands for 2012 aboard:

Eluveitie
Grave Digger
My Dying Bride
Pestilence
Stratovarius
Therion
Tristania

And as a tradition, we will make our first scheduled port call in Finland. Sailors... prepare your wish-lists!

Oh, I am tempted. That is a very good start. I've been thinking lately that I cannot let another chance to see Grave Digger go by. Sure, they aren't the oldest band around, but the clock isn't moving backwards for any of us.

Oh, I am tempted. That is a very good start. I've been thinking lately that I cannot let another chance to see Grave Digger go by. Sure, they aren't the oldest band around, but the clock isn't moving backwards for any of us.

I am kind of hoping they may do a few US dates like Raven and Gamma Ray did last time after the cruise.

Same here - I'll splurge for the cruise if I have to, but if Grave Digger comes back to NY again, I'm there. I regret missing the one-off they did in January '08. Not to mention not being able to attend Raven playing right in my backyard this past February (stupid car! arrrgh).

Same here - I'll splurge for the cruise if I have to, but if Grave Digger comes back to NY again, I'm there. I regret missing the one-off they did in January '08. Not to mention not being able to attend Raven playing right in my backyard this past February (stupid car! arrrgh).

Raven was amazing live. They played like they were still in thier 20's and in front of 20,000 people. Great to see a band still be enthusiastic after decades.

That's AWESOME! I'll be tempted yet again. Grave Digger and My Dying Bride alone would get me there if I have moolah by then. Haha. It would be better though if they did shows in Chicago around that time though.

I couldn't do it this year, missed Rage and so many others, that will not be easily lived down since I already couldn't make it to their performance at PP a few years back. I wasn't going to click on this thread, but now I did and I'm depressed, since the amazing utopia of floating heavy metal will be amazing again and I probably won't be able to go........... :mad:

I thought Therion wasn't going to play in the US again. Or does it not count being on water?

Dude I swear, it boggles my mind that this is hard stuff to get for some people. If the $$ is right, it doesn't matter where the band will play. Therion would play in Oprah's butthole if they got enough money to do so. It's not rocket science.

But the last few tours they did, the money sucked and the conditions sucked. Thus, no more US shows.