70000 tons of metal 2012 cruise

Looks like anyone who isn't a returning customer is SOL for cheaper cabins. Public sales aren't even on the horizon, they have a huge backlog and the cheap cabins are sold out. :heh:

Yep, we noticed that last night when we went back to checking the "booking" page (which a day before had said "stand by").
Probably won't try to attend now, barring a lottery win or something.

...not a surprise really... :Smokedev:

Source: http://www.70000tons.com/

2011/06/24

Time To Welcome One Of Finland's Finest!

For many nights we had the wish to go back to the country of thousand lakes, which is famous for it's vodka but also for its many great Heavy Metal bands!

Time to announce two very special performances of one of Finland's finest on board 70000TONS OF METAL, The World's Biggest Floating Heavy Metal Festival... a band that has sold millions of records and collected over 60 Gold and Platinum awards world-wide.

Sailors... please welcome NIGHTWISH!

Who would have though? Hehehehehe i believe that this was a forgone conclusion when Nightwish announced the LA date.

You know, a great number of divorces happen within the first year... :lol:

:lol: Nah, it's all good. She loves going on a cruise. I love going on a festival. It's perfect. To make it even better, would be a small section of the cruise that's not necessarily right next to the main outdoor stage. That'd be a win-win.

We balance the shows/vacations/leisure time well. And I know Brent, you'd love to snag me as your partner in life, but bro, it's not gonna happen. :lol:

:lol: Nah, it's all good. She loves going on a cruise. I love going on a festival. It's perfect. To make it even better, would be a small section of the cruise that's not necessarily right next to the main outdoor stage. That'd be a win-win.

We balance the shows/vacations/leisure time well. And I know Brent, you'd love to snag me as your partner in life, but bro, it's not gonna happen. :lol:

Dammit, I was hoping to work off that nevermore shirt that you outbid me on... ;) :lol:

Having been on that ship, there's an area on the pool-deck that's well aft and should be (mostly) out of hearing range of the stage, since there's some superstructure between there and the stage.

I went last year. It was fucking incredible. Definitely worth the time/money. I won't be going this year though due to serious money constraints, so I'm just gonna save up for a festival blow-out next year. Hopefully Progpower will be on the list!

:kickass: Hope you can make it! At least Atlanta is a tiny bit closer to you than the Port of Miami! :heh:

Nothing like waiting till the last minute. Not like the cruise isn't basically full, so it doesn't matter to most people, but I am curious what the top 10 are going to be.

Yep, it's gonna be another good cruise. Cheaper than Wacken, more intimate, unlimited food, zero "scene kids", at least 40 bands each doing two shows, and the Cayman Islands.

Can't beat watching J Schaffer stumbling around a stage while Kai and Hansi sing Valhalla!

Yep, it's gonna be another good cruise. Cheaper than Wacken, more intimate, unlimited food, zero "scene kids", at least 40 bands each doing two shows, and the Cayman Islands.

Can't beat watching J Schaffer stumbling around a stage while Kai and Hansi sing Valhalla!

/sob

I WANT TO GOOOOO... :yell:

I want to go, tooooo.....and might have been able to, but sadly, I don't know how to tune a guitar! :) :(

Ironically I WILL now be going on a cruise, from the same port, starting just a few days AFTER 70Ktons ends this year. Different ship this time, though; going on Carnival Imagination to Key West FL and Cozumel, MX. (It's costing about one-third to one-fourth what 70ktons would cost if booked now.)