70000 tons of metal 2012 cruise

First video report from the 70000tons cruise featuring Nightwish and Alestorm *here* (C)CNN

Y am I sitting here in da kneehigh snow??? Is not fair in da life!!! :mad:

That guy. They chose that guy to be the face of metal. Wat. I hate to sound insensitive but WTF.
He's a good guy, super nice and was wearing all that crap as he had just performed with Alestorm. He always wears odd shit when his band performs. When I saw them in Toronto he was partially topless and wearing a homemade suit of 'armor' made out of metal album jackets...

He's a good guy, super nice and was wearing all that crap as he had just performed with Alestorm. He always wears odd shit when his band performs. When I saw them in Toronto he was partially topless and wearing a homemade suit of 'armor' made out of metal album jackets...

I'm sure he's great. I'm sure he's not even that stupid looking half the time, but that's what CNN chose to show. A lot. Good job, CNN.

I'm sure he's great. I'm sure he's not even that stupid looking half the time, but that's what CNN chose to show. A lot. Good job, CNN.

As someone who knows something about journalism, CNN is pretty much dogshit, just like all of the 24/7 "news" networks. However, CNN sickens me the most because they at one point had a high reputation that they ran through the dirt.

As someone who knows something about journalism, CNN is pretty much dogshit, just like all of the 24/7 "news" networks. However, CNN sickens me the most because they at one point had a high reputation that they ran through the dirt.

CNN was the only 24/7 News network that actually gave 5 minutes of their precious time to devote to 70,000 Tons of Metal, and did an actual decent job showing the festival, the fans and the bands. I think they should get some credit based on that alone.

FYI, on the CNN issue, this is an iReport - which means it's not a reporter doing the reporting. It's a regular individual like the rest of us, who signed up with CNN to do stuff like this, no journalism training required.

FYI, on the CNN issue, this is an iReport - which means it's not a reporter doing the reporting. It's a regular individual like the rest of us, who signed up with CNN to do stuff like this, no journalism training required.

Yes, correct... But I'll still take a decently done iReport story that actually has nice things to say about our "style" than something negative or nothing at all. :)

Yeah, that's precisely why I hate CNN...

Had a blast on the ship....

Highlights

Riot, orphaned land, coroner, nightwish, pretty maids, sapiency, hammerfall, overkill, virgin steel, eluvetie, my dying bride

uninspired performance

Edguy