Steve Vai
Dream Theater
John Zorn
Shawn Lane
Maudlin of the Well/Kayo Dot
Morbid Angel
Planet X
Van Halen

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. seriously? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. :lol: what a retard. I know this is old. this is too funny though. fucking van halen...lol. behold the arctopus.....l o fucking l. meshuggah is changing the way music is made. don't deny it. these bands don't have shit on meshuggah in terms of what is truly ground breaking new stuff.

behold... the arctopus are 10 times better than meshuggah. meshuggah are just boring. theyre a one trick pony
~gR~

nah man your're all mixed up, on their latest three albums (nothing, catch 33 and obzen) they are all over the eighth string, they use it all the time. i'm pretty sure i've seen the interview you're talking about and they only play open notes on the eighth string so it does not sound to muffled, (power chords get very muddy down that low). I have an eight string and play along with meshuggah the time, the eigth string is everywhere. Every album pre nothing is recorded on seven strings. To respond to the start of this topic, i believe Franne said it all with that vid. 8 strings fucking kill!!!!!!:headbang:

They only really use the open 8th string because if you fret notes you'll get major buzzage.
Behold the Arctopus are alright at first... but hey if you're gonna get into that stuff then why the fuck not go listen to Godspeed You Black Emporer or A Silver Mount Zion
:rolleyes:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. seriously? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. :lol: what a retard. I know this is old. this is too funny though. fucking van halen...lol. behold the arctopus.....l o fucking l. meshuggah is changing the way music is made. don't deny it. these bands don't have shit on meshuggah in terms of what is truly ground breaking new stuff.

You're the fuckin retard. Van Halen were extremely groundbreaking, much more than Meshuggah, & they even got to sell albums like crazy. Now go masturbate to your Meshuggah CD's. If you think Meshuggah are more ground breaking than Yngwie than you're crazy. & if you think they're better musicians than Allan Holdsworth that that may be the funniest thing I've ever heard being said on this board, next only to when Omni implied that Gorguts were the most technically capable musicians of all time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, they're not very good song writers, but they don't make the kind of music that relies much on song writing. I had a phase where I was listening to them quite a bit. Now they kinda give me a headache, but they're doing something different & I think it's a worth while concept.