This should get the anti-ProTools crowd up in arms...

Jul 29, 2003
Denver, CO
www.anotheraccident.com
... even though it has basically nothing to do with ProTools.

http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20040429.gtgibson0429/BNStory/Technology/

It also allows the player to control the sound of each string. For example, the guitarist can have a heavy metal crunch on the low strings, medium distortion on the middle strings and a clean sound on the high strings.

I think this sounds like an awesome idea. I know for a fact it won't replace analog guitars by any means whatsoever, but for studio bands this sounds like a godsend.

Also, please be sure to read the article before posting comments. PLEASE.

:yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :hotjump:

that is the stupidest idea ever, its like a line6 variax with like 2 more controls, and without any guitar simulation.

at least the variax is cool cause you can pretty much go from playing a vintage les paul, to playing a new guitar, then go play a vintage semihollow.

seriously, its the stupidest idea ever. a good set up doesnt have excess noise and all this other crap they are talking about. yeh maybe a shitty one has those problems, but thats why its a shitty set up haha

I really don't think it will hit. While I think that digital circuitry in guitars is here to stay, I must agree that from the way the article describes it, the Variax still does more with less by emulating a bunch of vintage guitars. If only the Variax wasn't so damn ugly... =P

What I'm wondering is this: If they're going to stuff computers into the guitars, why not figure out a way to build an auto-tuning axe? Or add a MIDI channel selector to it, so you won't have to walk over to your stomp box when switching patches. Make something that actually means something to the gigging musician, and then you'll start carving gold.

Sunbane said:
I really don't think it will hit. While I think that digital circuitry in guitars is here to stay, I must agree that from the way the article describes it, the Variax still does more with less by emulating a bunch of vintage guitars. If only the Variax wasn't so damn ugly... =P

What I'm wondering is this: If they're going to stuff computers into the guitars, why not figure out a way to build an auto-tuning axe? Or add a MIDI channel selector to it, so you won't have to walk over to your stomp box when switching patches. Make something that actually means something to the gigging musician, and then you'll start carving gold.

Auto-tuning guitar would be a great idea!