99% happy this mix! My best work so far (as i lay dying/woe is me style!)

It sounds ok....but imo everything is overcompressed and the snare and kick sound lifeless! my2cents

if you bought forward the kick, the drums would sound real nice
but guitars need abit of, sounds really digital, abit fuzzy for my liking / abit more attack, but good work
+1 on the overcompression

Agree with the guitars sounding odd, there's something really strange going on with them. How'd you pan them?

Did super over edit the guitar possibly? It only sounds panned when they are playing different notes i.e. harmonizing.

Yeah, the guitars were pretty tightly edited! The band wanted it that way and sat with me while I did it. They're pretty happy with the result though

Agree with the guitars sounding odd, there's something really strange going on with them. How'd you pan them?

FUCK. Just realised there is something totally weird with these guitars?! They dont pan at parts like they should... Could have possibly bounced in mono but I highly doubt it. I'll have a look tonight. OW :(

sounds like you only tracked the guitars twice??? maybe try quad tracking them? and you need more bass guitar in the mix... i dont think i can hear any at all. apart from that very good mix

guitars definately have a lot of phase problems going on, sounds if i had water in one of my ears... definately really annoying... otherwise, the mix seems ok.

sounds like you only tracked the guitars twice??? maybe try quad tracking them? and you need more bass guitar in the mix... i dont think i can hear any at all. apart from that very good mix

Thank you! There is bass in there but my monitors are so freaking bass heavy. They dont translate well at all. Im in the process of buying some new ones. But yeah guitars were dual tracked!

guitars definately have a lot of phase problems going on, sounds if i had water in one of my ears... definately really annoying... otherwise, the mix seems ok.

Really, not sure whats going on with them, its literally just pod farm and EQ. Might just work on the whole processing/mix again. Thanks for the feedback though

Did you abuse Elastic Audio?
Sounds digital to me, tho the "killswitch" part is nice (but it's obvious the guy didn't made it himself, lol)

Yeah it's edited pretty tight. It wasn't MAJOR editing, the guitarists were pretty
tight but it has been corrected to grid, the little parts that needed it anyhow.

Also, what do you mean about the killswitch part :p

Did you just cut up the guitar track for that effect at 1:29? Sounds great.
Also, what in the world is that effect at 1:42 when the guitars are pitch shifted! It sounds like broken glass or something... Its great!

For critique, Definitely get a better kick and snare sample if possible, add a bit more room to cymbals and compress them a bit more. I actually really dig the guitar tone, its pretty dark.

Did you just cut up the guitar track for that effect at 1:29? Sounds great.
Also, what in the world is that effect at 1:42 when the guitars are pitch shifted! It sounds like broken glass or something... Its great!

For critique, Definitely get a better kick and snare sample if possible, add a bit more room to cymbals and compress them a bit more. I actually really dig the guitar tone, its pretty dark.

Thanks a lot man! Guitars were just cut up to grid yeah. Copied the same guitar part which is played right before it and cut it up to grid, using 32nd or 64th notes. The effect at 1:42... is broken glass :p its broken glass, a bass drop and the guitars are pitched down. Also a snare hit.

I like the pattern you cut them up in, its pretty creative.
Any idea on where to get a sample like that broken glass thing? It'd be pretty cool to fool around with.

Sounds pretty lame but I downloaded it off youtube! I spoke to the uploader who provided a selection of glass smashing samples and he said its fine :)